Closet Shopping!

Options
13»

Replies

• 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this, what fun! Great way to start my day!
  • Allisonvl
    Allisonvl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to shop in my closet again :) What a great NSV, thanks for sharing and congratulations!!
  • seeashleysave
    seeashleysave Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have absolutely been in this boat for about a year. My dilemma is that now I truly have no sizes left that fit. I'm currently wearing a size 14 (from a 24) and am buying actual clothes for the first time since May of last year. Awesome feeling!
  • bill323
    bill323 Posts: 100
    Options
    Funny this thread should pop up. I am going to head to my moms house today to see if I can find any of my old jeans. Still very far away from fitting in them but they will serve as motivation.
  • ThePilatesPrincess
    ThePilatesPrincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love this! I quickly raided my closet a couple of weeks ago and found a few new items to wear but this post inspired me to have a more thorough look through. This morning I "bought" a half a dozen shirts, 4 skirts and a dress! I still need to go through my pants, hopefully I will find something there as well. I have a lot of clothes in the next size down, two sizes down a fair amount...after that not much...that's when things will get expensive :tongue:
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I just reached the point where my skinny clothes fit, but I'd like to keep losing, and so I found the perfect solution yesterday. I am now the proud owner of the "fat pants" of one of my best friends. She's 100 pounds soaking wet so I consider fitting into even her fat clothes a huge victory. So I am closet shopping in someone else's closet, haha.
  • KarenJ15
    KarenJ15 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have a closet full if size 6&8 clothes. I am getting there, can't wait to go shopping in my closet. :)
    I am back in my size 8s now and hope to be in the 6s at my goal!

I am actually going through my closet today. Last year's shorts (when I was at my heaviest) are way too big now and so are the jeans I bought in the fall. I was so happy to try on my shorts and skorts from 2+ more summers ago that now fit!! I have a few pairs of capris that are just a tad bit snug, but another couple of pounds should fix that. :)

The sucky thing now is I don't have many "skinny" jeans left. I guess at one point I got discouraged and got rid of a lot of them. So I will have to buy some new ones.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I was sooo happy when I tried on my "too small clothes" and they fit. I don't have anymore of those left so, shopping trip when everything gets big again.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Love this kind of shopping. I've managed a couple pairs of pants recently...looking forward to the day when I can get into some others :-)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great way of putting it! I have been closet shopping too and it cost me 29 pounds. i have been wearing clothes that I bought before my second pregnancy.. Today i am wearing some pants I never thought I would fit in.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Closet shopping = best. thing. ever. (if it fits that is)

Being a shopaholic myself, there's definitely pieces I find unworn ><
    Although I just did a huge clear out of things that are too small from years ago =(
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    that is too fun!!

i don't have skinny clothes. i am 35 and was at my high size from the time i was 15 or so. i've made a point of throwing out my clothes as soon as they don't fit as i have no intention of ever needing them again.
  • georgiancreative
    georgiancreative Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    just gone closet shopping too and bought my summer wardrobe! All fits (and much better than last summer even!). Still plenty left in the closet to get into, so can't wait to keep trying them on.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I recently fit into two pairs of pants for work that I haven't been able to wear since October. I tried them on to see how far I had to go - not any! LOL
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Awww .. that is awesome!!!!! I am not far enough in to even think about doing this.. but hopefully some day.
  • needtobefitt
    Options
    I love this! when i lose 20 pounds i will go closet shopping !
    im young, so i have a TON of hot summer clothes!! which i can't wear right now. but soon they will fit :D it amazes me how much clothes i have. i only wear about 1/3 of my wardrobe right now.

thats so exciting :) around the end of may when i lose 20 pounds, i will reorganize my closet because right now all my skinny clothes are hidden at the back on my closet.

Obviously i will buy a lot of clothes anyway (just because i love shopping) but it makes me so happy to know how much free clothes i will gain
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If I closet shopped I already know what I would get. A size 9 pair of corduroys that are maroon and low waisted and bell bottoms. Hello 2005! Where's my delorean again?
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    When I go closet shopping it will have to be someone else's closet. I haven't been the size I am right now for 7 years and the clothes I have been wearing in that time are either gone or my current wardrobe. I don't have a size in my house to move down to. I have a couple of dresses I suppose I can wear those for the summer, but after that if I continue on this trend I will have to buy an entire wardrobe for the fall. I did have one pair of pants I shrunk into though, that was before MFP though and now those are loose.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Best thread ever - closet shopping and a J.K Rowling reference (" ,)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Just got reminded of this thread today when I actually did go looking for those maroon cords. They fit, and so did some beige one's I'd forgotten I'd had. Did I wear tan corduroy pants in 103 degree weather just because they were the only pants in the home that fit like a glove? Yes, yes I did. It saved me a shopping trip on such a hectic day. I just cuffed them super big and styled them as culottes with sandals and a fresh top. Who the heck cares. Why should I waste time and money when I have decent stuff in that giant tupperware in the closet.

Next up, I found 3 pair of denim short-shorts that are all set to go once I can cram into them. Hopefully, in a few weeks since it's getting hot out. In the meantime I have these tan cords, the maroon pants which I'm gonna cut into knee length shorts and a pair of white short tennis shorts which might get me through any occasions I might need something a little more dressy if styled right. Then all my current skinnies I just shrank out of should be good to go for fall if I take them to get tailored and taken in I hope. Those might be the last phase of clothing I'd need until goal weight. That would totally rock if I didn't have to buy any bottoms until goal weight and it's looking that way. Yay me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!