Women with larger frames, share your before and afters!

Options
I am 5'8 with what is considered a large frame. i started at 231 and am at about 224 right now. My goal is about 165. Any ladies have similar goals or reached their goals? Please share your pics:)

Replies

• MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 large frame.

Started at 222
    currently around 170
    goal 155

If you check out my page, I have a link to my "success post" which includes lots of pictures that I made for the forum.
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm 5'6" I not sure if I qualify as large framed lol

I started around 220 (my profile says otherwise though)
    I am 140 now
    My goal is 130 :D
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a wide frame, my profile pic is a before and after, but I have an even bigger and better one coming soon! You can add me if you want :)
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 with what is considered a large frame. i started at 231 and am at about 224 right now. My goal is about 165. Any ladies have similar goals or reached their goals? Please share your pics:)

I'm pretty similar to you. I'm 5'9" and started off at 255ish. I'm at 243 at the moment, with an ultimate goal of 160. Large-framed.
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    5'8" large frame.

I'm between 152-158 right now (every scale I step on tells me a different number).

My only goal now is shaving off the last of the belly, thigh, and arm fat and toning up. If I lose a few more pounds along the way, I won't complain.

Before
    Fatpicture.jpg

After
    During.jpg
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow you ladies are doing so well. I am 5'6 and I started out at 258 and now am 250. My ultimate goal is 120. But my for now goal, so I dont get too sidetracked, is 200. I have to take it piece by piece or else i give up easily.
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and have a very wide frame...I started at 185 and am now at 159. My goal is somewhere around 150, but we'll see when I get there! Good luck to you!
  • greengina8
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 261# at my last weigh in. I want to lose 100# total. My doctor says having mini-weight loss goals are better than having one big weight loss goal, because the mini-goal end result is easier to comprehend and closer at hand, and 10% of whatever you weight currently is how to set the mini goal...so for me, I am set to lose 26 pounds first. He also said once you are within a healthy BMI range, it all comes down to maintenance instead of weight loss.

I have type 2 diabetes, and have not been very good at controlling my blood glucose...it also turns out that when I exercise vigorously, my glucose goes up, instead of down, like when I walk for exercise. Also, my family is fairly poor, and we get a lot of our food from a food pantry. Many of the food choices they offer are so fattening, high sugar, and processed. I feel bad giving away food we get from the pantry, because if it's bad for me, it's also bad for someone else...I use my spare change to buy fresh fruit and veggies, and that helps to keep me occupied and away from all the donuts, mac and cheese, and snack foods they give. I have crappy will power, though...

My biggest problem is I am always hungry; apparently some diabetics don't recognize feeling full, and I am one of them (it has something to do with not receiving the chemical signal that lets us know we're full), so I tend to overeat frequently, and feel guilty about it as soon as the food is gone...this battle is definitely worth it, but it seems like a long road ahead...
  • Heather68462
    Heather68462 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are at my goal weight! Good job! I started 197 and am at 170, was down to 164 but gained 6 pounds over the winter.
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I also have a larger frame, broad shoulders and hips.
    I started at 254 lbs, currently at 216 lbs and my goal is to weigh around 180 lbs!!
    Can't wait to reach my goal!!
    Just wondering what workouts do you all find work well for you?? :smile:
  • tc2nichols
    Options
    I started at 265lbs and I am down to 252lbs. Prior to doing this program I was trying to manage my foods by selecting healthy options. I did have a true reversal in my lipid profile, fasting blood sugar, and so forth by simply cutting out all the bad stuff, but I wasn't able to lose weight.

Now, I am much more focused on sticking to a certain amount of intake in a day, but I find something very interesting happening. If I splurge one night and go out to dinner (while still being mindful of my selection but end up going over my 1550 calorie goal, I almost always drop 1-2 lb in the next day or two.

The weight stays off too! Unless I over indulge two or three days in a row I manage to keep the weight off. Its pretty interesting how our bodies respond to things. I tried working out on the treadmill, but my bad knee began to get swollen and sore. I ended up having to take a break from it. But I was still able to see weight loss in the meantime.

Recommendations for weight loss are 5% to have your body benefit from the positive change. 10% loss is recommended over 6 months to establish a healthy life. My ultimate goal is around 145-160. My goal for September 15th is 26 lbs and I have already lost 14lbs without doing anything crazy. Amazing.

At 2 lbs a week, I should be able to lose 112 lbs by March 15, 2014. That would be 151 lbs. Realistic goal is 52lbs by March 15, 2014 that would be 213 lbs. Research and lifestyle is the big indicator here. I am more likely to keep it off if I take my time to get to my goal= 2 years instead of 1. We will see what happens. Isn't the current recommendations intriguing to how we think.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and I definitely have a large frame... and bigger hands than most of the guys I know!!!
    Started out at 246lb (112kg) and am now 162lb (74kg).

Sorry for the small pic but it's the only one I have at the moment
    thenandnow-1.jpg
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I unfortunately didn't take "befores" and at my heaviest I avoided having pictures taken at all cost... That said I managed to find one picture where I was in the background and it was very dark...lol. For reference, I'm about 5'8". Here's my journey so far:

I started in May of 2012.
    SW: approximately 240-245 (My old scale told me I was 205 no matter what... finally got a new one after I had already put some work into losing, which told me 238
    bad.jpg

I lost about 30 lbs over the summer by logging (mind you not always measuring food, never weighing food, but approximating), netting about 1600 calories/day and swimming almost every day, biking a few times a week. Here's me in August of 2012 at approximately 215:
    august2012.jpg
    aug20122.jpg

I took most of September off from exercising because we were out of town every weekend, and then went to some roller derby practices which showed me how out of shape I still was. I started going to the gym at a local college 3-5 days per week all of November, and Did some gym workouts and some (not all 30 days) of 30 DS in December when the gym was closed. I went to Disney with some friends the first full week in January. Here's me at Disney at about 210:
    disney210.jpg

Frustrated by this gigantic plateau (I had only lost about another 5 lbs in 4 or 5 months!) I continued cutting back on my calories further and further until I was only eating 900-1200/day, with not much of a budge on the scale. I got a fitbit to get a more accurate count of what I was burning in a typical day.
    Of course everyone on MFP yelled at me, told me to eat more and so I did. For the past few weeks I have been eating around 1800 calories (20% off my TDEE) and I am on week 3 of phase 1 of the New Rules of Lifting for Women (heavy weight lifting)
    Here's me today at 203:
    41413.jpg

For comparison pictures, I took a few in the same dress I was wearing in the August pictures. Here's a few side by sides:

May 2012 (240-45ish) compared with late January 2013
    maytolatejan.jpg

August 2012 to right now:
    photo-1.jpg

photo.png

Ideally I would like to get down to 165-175, but moreover I'm setting a size goal rather than a weight goal these days since I have been heavy lifting. I'm currently a comfortable size 14, fit into some size 12s. I would like to be a comfortable size 10, fit in to some 8's (or smaller). For reference, this is a picture of me in January of 2009 at about 185, size 10
    jan2009.jpg
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and I definitely have a large frame... and bigger hands than most of the guys I know!!!
    Started out at 246lb (112kg) and am now 162lb (74kg).

Sorry for the small pic but it's the only one I have at the moment
    thenandnow-1.jpg

If I start to think "It's impossible!", I'm going to come back & look at this. Inspirational!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7 and a bit and have a large frame. I started at 195lbs am currently 172lbs and looking to get to 154lbs.

My shape is quite up down with a belly (not much of a waist).
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    april-14-safe.jpg
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'8", and at my heaviest was 247. I just now created a pic-heavy post with my story and pics... I'm down to 205 and still making progress!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/958287-partway-there-diabetes-and-lifting-progress-pic
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 240 lbs. I'm now maintaining between 138-145 lbs. I consider myself to be large framed

prague08_zps5a357e6c.jpg

IMG-20121118-00913_zpsc4543292.jpg
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 240 lbs. I'm now maintaining between 138-145 lbs. I consider myself to be large framed

prague08_zps5a357e6c.jpg

IMG-20121118-00913_zpsc4543292.jpg

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? You look so much younger now!
  • tamisarre
    tamisarre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", starting weight 293, I'm now 219. My goal is 170-180. Started June, 2012. No more blood pressure meds and not at risk for diabetes anymore! I work out 3 days a week doing interval circuit training burning between 400-500 calories a session. I do 3 minutes of cardio alternating between the Arc and the Elliptical, then I do a weight machine alternating back and forth for the entire session, 50-60 minutes. Working at 80-90% of my target heart rate.

o69qw8.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!