My first NSV

Options
Walked my first 5k this morning! I did run a little bit of it. My daughter walked with me and we would do bursts of 45-60 second runs every once in a while (probably about 10 times throughout the whole thing). It was so fun! My goal is to run one before the end of the year. :)

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! keep up the good work. go sign up for another!
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Its very addictive!!
  • FinishLineFanatic13
    Options
    Thats an awesome NSV! :) Congrats!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sometimes those NSVs are so good because they come as a surprise, congrats!
  • kristinaw1967
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • Bekkah376
    Bekkah376 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's great... you'll be running those races all the way through before long! :smile:
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I'm doing 2-3 mile walks. I'm hoping someday I can do a run! Good luck and keep it up!
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! My daughter does Girls on the Run at school. They run twice a week and are taught healthy eating habits. In May they run a 5K and I've signed up to do it with her. I'm sure I'll be mostly walking but just completing it will be success for me! :)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your first 5K! Keep up with the running, after a while it becomes a whole lot of fun.
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is great!
    :drinker:
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV... congrats!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and congratulations!! BTW - I was where you are at about 11 months ago and can now jog/run 3 miles. I did in small steps. Also, you may look at the couch to 5k program (C25k). It has guided many people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!