Just a question - no judgements!

Options
Question for you all about pictures, not a judgement, just a question!

How would you feel about bearing all on a website in bra & knickers / bikini? Or itty-bitty speedos?

I understand that lots of people are thrilled about their new bodies and the hard work it took to get there but I'm not sure I'd ever feel comfortable bearing all to Lord alone knows who on the internet... I'm fairly sure my other half wouldn't like it either!!!! Having said that I'm at the start of my journey not the end so who knows how I'll feel after?!

Is it any different than walking down the main high street in your knick-nacks? Only with more people seeing you?

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I actually yelled at my ex bf years ago when she was sitting around in a bra with my brother (her bf at the time) and my husband. I was like WTF were you thinking?! Do you run around like that in front of your dad?! The guys just were like, "It's not any different than a bikini." Yeah, I was livid. I won't post pics of me in my underoos but have no problem with bikini shots.. My bf isn't on here so I don't care what people post but even if he were, I guess I have seen sexier shots of girls with bikinis and clothed than the ones that post in their underoos... So eh, whatevs.. I don't think anything is done in a sexual way so I am ok with it, for now.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I would do it but I dont want ppl to throw up their lunch lol I will def do it when I am more easy on the eyes to look at. I walk around my house barely dressed because it is usually hotter because I am so fat lol Plus I want my kids to get a good lol and know that just because I am fat doesnt change who I am and I shouldnt be ashamed of it because I can fix it. I just posted pics of them on my profile I so wish I was their age again. I miss being skinny lol Shame on me for getting so gross and fat I have to consider others stomachs when I walk out the front door to do errands HA!
  • It's just skin at the end of the day, nothing sexual about it, you can see people in a lot less at the beach, swimming pool or sauna. It never occured to me to feel weird about seeing those photos on here, although my youth was spent competitive swimming and I now pole-dance for fitness, my sports never seem to have involved masses of clothes! I probably wouldn't post one myself, but that's more guilt of pride than modesty.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can't see how anyone would have a problem. if they did. Leave the site. A good portion of what most people are here for is to feel good about themselves. If people wearing the same clothes you can see everyday on TV or at the beach makes you uncomfortable then I feel sorry for you.
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I don't mind bikini its no different then being at a beach for all to see. It doesn't bother my other half either that I have posted bathing suit shots. so I guess it just depends on your own personal preferences. if you don't want to or yur other half is bothered by it don't do it. that simple.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    If I lived by myself, or with my fabulous Italian, mute pool boy Paolo (who only exists in my head), I'd be naked every day.

However, I don't, so I can't. And I find those pictures on the internet to be a desperate cry for attention. I post pics of myself in cute little work out clothes so the many, many men (and the few women) who love to ogle a hot, 48 year old woman, can look at me and wonder: "What does she look like under those cute clothes?"

A little mystery goes a long way. Know what I mean?
    :wink:
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have no shame-so i dont really care. heck, i wash my car in my driveway in a bikini.
    As far as underwear-my bikini covers considerably more skin than my underthings.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It's just skin at the end of the day, nothing sexual about it, you can see people in a lot less at the beach, swimming pool or sauna. It never occured to me to feel weird about seeing those photos on here, although my youth was spent competitive swimming and I now pole-dance for fitness, my sports never seem to have involved masses of clothes! I probably wouldn't post one myself, but that's more guilt of pride than modesty.

Hear hear! I cried when I took my 1st fat pics to post on a later date for comparison. I still cant believe how gross I have become. I am so angry at myself I knew better!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    <--Showin' it off! Since I don't mind bikini pics, it'd be stupid if I minded underwear pics since they're the same amount of fabric (and sometimes more).
  • Silvervixen79
    Silvervixen79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Im a regular at nudist resorts so no issues at all - we all just need to embrace the miracle that is our bodies!
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Don't think I'd want to put photos out there, fat or thin, of anyone in bikinis or underwear. Once on the internet it's out there forever, & some people will take photos of others & photoshop them. But maybe like what they do on "Biggest Loser"...spandex shorts for men, & spandex shorts/sports bra for women, would be more appropriate. It still reveals you at your worst and hopefully best later. However, I'd keep the before & after photos to myself. Don't want an angry acquaintance to post it to the world if you tick them off. But I agree w/other posters, that some women have absolutely no idea what goes on in men's minds (even "gentlemen"), when the women are parading around in skimpy clothes, & the more public they are w/their skimpiness, the more they put their safety at risk.
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I actually yelled at my ex bf years ago when she was sitting around in a bra with my brother (her bf at the time) and my husband. I was like WTF were you thinking?! Do you run around like that in front of your dad?! The guys just were like, "It's not any different than a bikini." Yeah, I was livid. I won't post pics of me in my underoos but have no problem with bikini shots.. My bf isn't on here so I don't care what people post but even if he were, I guess I have seen sexier shots of girls with bikinis and clothed than the ones that post in their underoos... So eh, whatevs.. I don't think anything is done in a sexual way so I am ok with it, for now.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who hated things like this! Seriously, every time a female walks around in another persons house in nothing but panties and a bra, I just... Ack. Seriously?!
    It's just disrespectful. It's not even about jealousy or self esteem. I've done professional nude modelling and am pretty darn happy with how I look. Rather, doing that in another persons house (or if you're sharing with others) It's just so incredibly disrespectful to the other women, particularly when they do it in front of another woman's boyfriend/husband/girlfriend/partner. For all they know, the other woman could be a seriously depressed chick with sever body issues on the brink of anorexia, or worse- The fact that they are willing to take that risk, just for their own comfort/ego-boost, speaks pretty loudly to me.

On that note, in the right place nudity is fine! I attended regular life drawing sessions for my art, where I draw/paint nude models, and I've also done a number of body painting gigs for festivals and events.
    I would have no problem with people who post their fitness progress, or even if it was just to build their confidence in a safe place. Kudos to them!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    If I lived by myself, or with my fabulous Italian, mute pool boy Paolo (who only exists in my head), I'd be naked every day.

I do live by myself, but not in a nice warm climate, so clothes are a good thing.

I had to quote your "MUTE pool boy, Paolo" ....I agree with the no-talking rule. :tongue:

And, no way I'm putting pics of myself on any internet site in underwear. Once they hit the internet they are out there for eternity to anyone who wants to use them. Think about the consequences.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think that is something that changes as we lose weight. Now, there is no way in hell I would post a pic of myself in work out clothes or a bikini, much less my undies. Maybe if I was at my goal weight, maybe. Right now, however, you are lucky to get the pic of me on my profile at all. I hate having my pic taken, always have, even when I was thinner. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I usually post pics of my kids or animals, instead of pics of myself.
  • Ellealie
    Ellealie Posts: 17
    Options
    What I've seen some girls do is wear smaller shorts and pull their t-shirts or tank tops up to where the bottom of the bra starts so that you can still see enough of the body to get a good idea. That's probably the most ideal option for me, personally. Though I really don't reserve any judgment whatsoever about people doing it any other way. What I'm most interested in is seeing results. And I think of all things to put "out there" on the internet, it's pretty harmless. You don't have to show your face if you don't want to, anyway.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Last I heard, underwear pics were not allowed per MFP rules but bikinis are okay....mmmderp derp durrrrrr.
  • wonforty
    wonforty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    this is for 2fat2run-I just looked in your profile at your photos. You are gorgeous!!! Stop talking about yourself that way.:smile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me at all. I find some of the ones with girls with their clothes on, but boobs bulging out to be worse! Seems like a desperate attempt to distract away from their weight. If you've worked hard and you want to show of your abs in a bikini kudos to you! May be a unpopular or different view to many... I may get blasted for it! I don't think I will ever have a bikini body to be proud of so I wouldn't post pictures, but if you have and have then confidence to post it... Good for you.. Must feel great!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm completely cool with all levels of skin in any situation, but I am a weird hippy that way.

The picture I first took of myself at my starting weight was in a sports bra and work out pants, and when I reach my goal I'll wear the same thing for a proper comparison photo.

I've seen some "after" photos that were really... exhibitionist... and, yeah, I kind of raise my eye brow at those. The difference between someone showing off their hard work and someone showing off other things is pretty obvious, and it has nothing to do with how much skin is shown.

ETA: You know what bugs me even worse? Completely pathetic "before" photos. You know the ones where their clothes don't even fit, they refuse to stand upright, and they didn't brush their hair or anything and they have this overly-sad look on their face? Seriously! Nobody goes around looking like that, why would you force yourself to look sad for a before photo? I think some people do it just so their after photos will look better by comparison.