I started using MFP in February, I love it .

Options
Hi, my name is Tina. I am 52, the mother of 5 (2 teenagers still home) and have 3 granddaughters. I have had problems my whole life with my weight and in fact always told myself that if it wasn't under control by the time I was 50 it never would be.... WRONG... This time feels right! Last year at this time I was 315lb. IN Feb. when I started keeping a journal I was 270.8. With the help of MFP I am doing things all different than I ever have before.
Unforetunately, my biggest motivater the last few years is the deterioration of my hips. Since last summer I have had to use a walker and have been on medications (antiflammatories and pain killers) for about 3 years.I am waiting hip replacement surgery. Under the circumstances movement is very limited and painful. I can not wait for that call that will begin the process of getting back to being able to go for walks etc. In 2009 I bought myself an eliptical machine and was determined to begin using it. Trouble is when I tried to lift my feet to step up I had pain and could not get on it. That was the beginning of knowing that something was wrong. I will most definitely be glad when it is over.
The up side - I have been learning of all kinds of healthy foods to replace things that aren`t so good for you and slowly changing my families bad habits. It is great.
Anyone who would like to be friends I would appreciate the contact... I don`t get out much. Thanks and have a great rewarding journey.:wink:

Replies

• sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina, I'll send you a friend request! We all have limitations of some sorts :)