Breakfast Ideas?

I need some ideas on what i can eat in the morning that does not have to many calories and also that i can make fast because i don't wanna skip breakfast

Replies

• choppieFu
    choppieFu Posts: 2 Member
    Oatmeal with fresh or frozen fruit:smile:
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    I made some awesome banana chocolate chip cookies for my kids... I managed to reduce the fat by a lot and made them less than 200 calories... I would personally add some protein (kids can't take nuts to school) or not put in the chocolate, but one of those and some yogurt would be a breakfast you could take with you. boiled eggs are also good for that, but I can't be active after eating eggs, so it can't be before exercise

otherwise, I eat oatmeal with fruit and yogurt - sometimes I add almond butter for protein , a yogurt and greens (kale or spinach) smoothie sometimes I add almond butter or hemp hearts for protein and fiber) or a quick fried egg sandwich (low cal if you skip the meat or cheese - check it out). I never really deviate from this breakfast, it just works for me, gets some of the fruits and veggies servings out of the way (try spinach and feta on an egg sandwich!)
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    I like Kashi shredded wheat cereal
    Oatmeal with a little honey or fresh fruit and stevia, add fat to it with butter or peanut butter, or just nuts
    Eggs/egg whites, turkey bacon, bagel, cream cheese, milk
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Take one egg. Crack it into a bowl, and mix. Add a glug of egg whites if you have them handy in a carton. Nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add some veg of choice - a handful of spinach, some sliced mushrooms, a few halved cherry tomatoes. Add some protein - some cubes of ham or chicken.
    Nuke for another minute. Stir. Decide if it needs any more nuking. Sprinkle on some grated cheese if like. Nuke another 20 secs to melt the cheese.

Eat from same bowl.
  • Oatmeal with fresh or frozen fruit:smile:

This.

I have plain instant oatmeal with peanut butter, and it fills me up.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    I love eggs. They're quick cooking and really filling. I'll have them as an egg sandwich (with turkey bacon on a whole grain english muffin) or I scramble them and put them on toast. I just discovered scrambled eggs with veggies (was trying to make an omelette but they ended up as scrambled eggs!). I had "Greek" scrambled eggs today and they were so filling and very easy. I sauteed some shallots, garlic and mushrooms (not Greek but I had some kicking around) in a non-stick pan until softened, threw in some frozen spinach, then added oregano and salt and pepper and 2 eggs. So quick! I crumbled some feta over top and it was less than 300 calories. I made the same for my sister but put fresh tomatoes on it because she likes them and I don't. She looked at it and thought it was going to be too much food but it was because there were so many veggies!

I'm going to start having some oatmeal in the morning. I'm thinking probably with fruit and yogurt. Maybe some nuts too. So many options!
  • adopt321
    adopt321 Posts: 111
    I typically eat: protein drink, hard boiled egg, piece of fruit or protein drink and oatmeal, pre-make an english muffin, scrambled egg, piece of ham and re-heat in the AM.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Oatmeal with fresh or frozen fruit:smile:
    If I add fruit and stevia, I found I can save calories by using water instead of milk.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hard-boiled egg + grapefruit
    String cheese + banana
    Greek yogurt + mandarin oranges
    Oatmeal + dried cranberries
    Whole wheat toast + peanut butter
  • JusDoIt4
    JusDoIt4 Posts: 21
    :tongue: I love peanut butter but how do i included with oatmeal?