Good Breakfast Idea's?

Options
2»

Replies

• russianbabe83
    russianbabe83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I either do oldfashioned oats with unsweetened applesauce to add some sweetness or lately i've been into smoothies: i use 1 cup Fage plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen black currants, 1 med banana, 1/4 avocado, and little bit of grated fresh ginger. Also i make my Power muffins, which i'll try to post recipe today, and i eat one with my smoothie. That's what i had today, feel super awesome!
  • chaoticgeek
    chaoticgeek Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like string cheese and something with oats in it. I'm going to make up a batch of these today at some point.

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream and sugar.
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    155898_1677433532319_1131901055_31873099_2477710_n.jpg
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i make my own breakfast sandwiches. it varies week to week and what is on sale. start with low cal english muffins. you could do egg, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, ham, Canadian bacon, etc. sargento has good 40 calorie cheese. the items you add will change the calories. the english muffins i have are 80 calories. starting with egg whites and the 40 calorie cheese is a good start. i will make a bunch and freeze them. take out one at a time. wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute. you could be fancier and add spinach and tomatoes to the egg?

i usually do this and a banana. if i have time, then the sandwich and a yogurt. very good kick start of the day.
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am gluten free too! I enjoy:
    turkey bacon and an egg
    banana/almond milk/almond butter/cinnamon smoothie
    eggs scrambled w/ cheddar or blue cheese
    rice krispie cereal + almond milk
  • matisse216
    Options
    I usually have one egg and a thin rash of bacon for breaky, and if I have time I'll make a green smoothie packed with kale.
    The egg and bacon work well and sustain energy thoughout the day, but I feel like I need more but I really don't want to be eating 2-3 eggs and 2-3 rashes of bacon in the morning.
    I am enjoying these cottage cheese idea's, keep them coming!

Would my local supermarket sell it?
    and is there anything I should look out for when buying it?
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My usual is an omelet made with American and cheddar cheeses with ketchup on top, plus a bowl of vanilla yogurt with granola mixed in. Sometimes I get crazy and add like a biscuit or an apple in, and about once a week I have a doughnut with it
  • LiveBetterDaily2013
    Options
    I am becoming a fan of oats and you may find GF. For me I add protein powder (in moderation) for an added boost. It adds calories along with more protein and you can use chocolate or vanilla powders. For me, it keeps me full for hours.
  • joshfei
    joshfei Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Monday through Saturday, I eat half a cup of 1 minute oatmeal mixed with a sprinkling of cinnamon. I split half a cup of skim milk with half for my coffee and half mixed into the oatmeal. Sunday, I treat myself to a large eggwhite omelett (with one reg egg).
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also eat one of these GF muffins as a dessert (I spread a thin layer of jam on them), but they could work for breakfast on the go.

2 large organic free range eggs, separated
    1/4 c oil (I used grapeseed oil)
    1/2 c honey
    1 tbsp vanilla extract
    1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
    2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda

231 cal
    17g fat (mostly from the almonds)
    7g protein
    12g sugar

they were very moist and delicious. I'm going to try to put a little less honey next time to reduce the sugar content.
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    Options
    Egg beaters with turkey bacon and salsa
  • Moonbeem11
    Moonbeem11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always eat 2 eggs with coconut oil, salt and pepper. Very filling. also got into teeccino (fake coffee) lately. It does need some kind of cream or creamer - SO coconut products has one - this is actually filling also. They claim no gluten drips when you make the coffee.