Options
As promised, more progress pics :)

This is a nice timeline of my progress.

Left to right:
Before: 141 lbs, 31% body fat
Second from left: 1 month, ~135 lbs, 27(?)% body fat
Middle: 2 months, 135 lbs, ?% body fat
Second from right: 2 weeks ago, 134 lbs
Far right: Yesterday, ??lbs (haven't weighed), ??% body fat.

10zx0y1.jpg

I doubt I've lost any more weight since the middle picture, but as you can see, body composition has changed a lot. This is just three months and shows what hard work and discipline can do for you in any program, not just crossfit. My "current" pic on the right actually could look even better, but I went to a conference last week and had a few... erm, lot... of cheat meals. So I'm rebounding from that :)

Workouts: 3-4 days per week of crossfit, and normally I will do a 20-minute high-speed run after 2-3 of these sessions for some extra cardio. I go to the regular gym 1-2x per week to do traditional lifting and running. So ultimately that's about 4-5 days per week of working out. Not too much!

Food: lean meats, veggies, low fat cottage cheese, nonfat yogurt, protein shakes, homemade protein bars, etc. I limit my breads/grains (I have whole grain oatmeal for breakfast with a scoop of protein and PB2), sweets, fruits/berries, and potatoes (although I do love sweet potatoes and have them with dinner about 2x per week). I have a "cheat meal" once or twice per week, but I make sure that I work out that day or use portion control.

I am always full and eat anywhere from 1200-1400 calories per day (my BMR is fairly low due to my sedentary job). The biggest difference was definitely in that first month, and I honestly couldn't even tell a difference between month 2 and 3 until I put the pictures next to each other.

I was feeling sassy the day I took this one but I think you'll like this: the jeans I'm wearing are the SAME jeans as on the left. Bam!

takheg.jpg

Anyway, as always, hope to inspire you. I'm not saying crossfit is for everyone, and I refuse to get into a debate about it again (happens every time I post, lol), so just know that if you hate on crossfit you will be ignored. The whole point is to encourage people to keep trying, be disciplined, and keep going. I'm at a point right now where I'm a little "ho hum" since I'm over the "big drop" in fat loss, and it's going to be small changes for the next few months. But I know that I have to keep at it! Same goes for any of you doing regular weight lifting, running, swimming, elliptical, whatever. You can do it!

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!!! You look incredible!!

I'm also at 31% body fat, so I'm hoping my month of unlimited crossfit I just joined will help me get some great results..
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    I love this!!! I've been wanting to get into cross fit. My brother lost weight doing it and has been helping me to start. The college that I am attending next year has a special Cross Fit gym in their Kinesiology department. Good Job!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I feel much better :)
  • GottiZone
    GottiZone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I started CrossFit about 6 weeks and have already lost more than 15lbs. Between it and a much healthier eating lifestyle, I'm hoping to have as much success as you in three months. Appreciate the update, it's always encouraging to see people going through similar workouts who are achieving great results. Let's you know if you stick with it long enough, results will happen!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Excuse the ignorance, but what is CrossFit and how does it work? I honestly don't know. Thanks in advance!!!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    Just wow.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! This is amazing! What a transformation :flowerforyou:
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Impressive! Most impressive!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    CROSSFIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just finished my last on-ramp class. I love it. :D

You are amazing, keep going!
    Excuse the ignorance, but what is CrossFit and how does it work? I honestly don't know. Thanks in advance!!!

Crossfit is a strength and conditioning program. They have their own gyms (called "boxes", ours is basically a glorified garage) and you go for group classes. It's a mix up of olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, HIIT, and metabolic conditioning.
  • Iwillrunagain
    Options
    Amazing results!!! Do you do cross fit at a gym or home? I would love to try!
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This is what its all about: discipline, exercise, rest and nutrition. Your results speak for themselves, and you must feel great! I am new to crossfit and enjoying the results already too. It is so rewarding - and proof that fit is fit, not skinny :D
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Amazing results!!! Do you do cross fit at a gym or home? I would love to try!

I do crossfit at our local crossfit gym (aka "box" as it is called). I have done a few workouts in a gym by myself, but at the moment I need to be in the classes to make sure my form is right.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Phenomenal results... and just a few lbs difference. Soooo good!!

Congratulations!! :drinker:
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Holly crap! Awesome results! Congrats!
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I love crossfit, I'll probably be doing until I'm 60 and hopefully longer
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Daaaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggggggg GGGGGGGGiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllll! You look absolutely beautiful.
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Daaaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggggggg GGGGGGGGiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllll! You look absolutely beautiful.

:smooched: :blushing:
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Woooza! You look great! Thanks for the inspirational post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!