You Need Motivation, I'm here for You!!

Options
If you need motivation, then I'm the girl for you!! I'm here to help anyone on their path to better health!! Tell me about yourself. What are some goals you have? What have you started to do to reach those goals? How long have you been trying?

-Tracie :heart:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 49. My life has been so full of stress lately and I've fallen off the wagon. I stopped logging my food because I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. My brother has been very near death due to becoming ill and dropping a ton of wt. very rapidly. He is finally being sent to Mayo Clinic in 2 wks.

I had a heart attack almost 5 yrs. ago and had to have open heart surgery. That started my health's downward spiral. I am married without children and am disabled due to my health. I was a nurse. I am a mess, seriously.

Sorry about my ramblings, but I could use some motivation to continue my wt. loss journey.

Thank you for reading.
  • pawprints86
    pawprints86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I too could use some motivation! I'm really trying this time and am now further than I've been before, I really need to make this healthy journey happen.

Been doing better now, but I'm always afraid of slipping back into eating literally 24/7 and getting an immense amount of calories in a day.

Recently had a close death in the family, a heart attack, I guess I'm terrified of NOT being healthy, and the consequences that could happen to me, too. So any motivation and support in my journey I'll take!!

Feel free to add me on my friends list to keep each other accountable, to anyone who also needs help. Thanks!! :D
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i need to find some motivation

i am 29 - really want to lose another 20 # by my 30th birthday in July. but overall i want to tone up more - (lose the belly and thigh fat)
    i am a wife and mother of a 2 year old. i work 12 hour nights 3 days a week . then have a daytime life on my days off
    I have been staying in my calorie allowance fairly good, losing average 1 pound per week, but sticking to a workout routine isn't working for me. i do go for about a week then i either get bored with it or i get on my long stretch of work (3 nights on, 1 off, 3 on) and have no energy to workout -- then it snowballs from there.
    my biggest problem right now is i am sick of working out indoors but the weather still sucks where i live (snowing).
    and i am chronically tired due to my schedule, and struggle with tired eating.
  • wip1983
    wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I could use some motivation. I used to weigh 225 pounds (I'm 5'5") through diet and exercise I was able to lose 85 pounds, which was great until I started making changes in my life. I quick work to go to school. It was really stressful to loose all the money I was making (and it was pretty decent for a non degree person). Also, a wedding and fighting with my family. So over 2 years I gained 45 pounds!! I really want to be able to run again. I still want to run a full marathon, up to this point I've only run a half marathon. I really just want to talk to people I can relate with and to be able to help motivate each other.
  • tracieleanna90
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! I just want to say thank you for replying back to me!! We are all here for the same reasons and I'm so glad to be able to help you all!! I am sending private messages and friend requests to each of you!! I hope you all are having a great weekend!!! And if you know of anyone needing some motivation and support tell them to join the thread!!!

:heart: Tracie
  • louismetal
    Options
    I could always use some extra motivation! I'm 31 years old and my weight has yo-yo'd dramatically over the years. I got up to 225 pounds at uni and managed to get down to 140 by the time I finished my degree but since moving in with my fella and starting shift work, my weight has crept up to just over the 200 pound mark again :(
    I had a nasty but much needed wake-up call when I couldn't fit into my bridesmaids dress (split the seams eek!) and I'm 9 pounds down since then which is a good start, need to stay motivated to keep going!
  • adzubak
    adzubak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Extra motivation would be great right now. My name is Ashley and I'm 22. I'm a veterinary student studying in the Caribbean, so even though he beach is literally right there, I rarely have time to visit. I just finished my advanced scuba certification, but because of a ruptured ear drum I am not able to dive again for at least a month. Between this, general stress from school, and breaking up with my boyfriend, I've hit a rough spot. I've managed to stick to my calories, but I've also been under a lot, even with my sweet snacks I like to add at night. I know it's not a good idea to make a habit of that, so I am trying to stay a lot closer. It can just be hard. I started at 165lb on March 12, the day after my boyfriend left to return home after visiting me, and now I am just about at 155. (0.4lbs away). I would love to be at 140 on May 23rd, but that may be a little ambitious.
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    Extra motivation out s always nice. I'm so busy with my family that I never make time for myself. I'd love to get back to 120 but I always lose motivation because it takes so long. I'd love to have the extra support behind me!!
  • jazzy1a
    jazzy1a Posts: 39
    Options
    Is it motivation I need? I don't know anymore.
    I've lost almost 16lbs since January and have 8lb to go
    I am relentless hungry at night and am blowing my 1400 calorie limit each day for past couple of weeks. And not on junk, just extra fruit, cheese, and popcorn.
    I'm in a diet bet game with 2 other people that started on the first, they are already at their goals and I'm only half way there (you have to lost 4% of your body weight in 28 days...I have 2.5lbs to go and don't think I'll make it).
    I am getting very discouraged and am thinking about just making a pan of brownies and enjoying a big fat sugar high...
    jay
  • tracieleanna90
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!
    How are you all doing?!? How was your weekend?!? Mine was alright, I had to work today blah haha. Tomorrow is Monday and the start of a new week!! What have you ladies got planned for this week?!? Do you have any goals you would like to accomplish?!? This week I am going to be working, spending time with my husband and daughter, and doing my workouts! I'm currently doing a Chalean Extreme/TurboFire Hybrid and I love it!! On Friday, my husband and I are going to Buffalo to a New York Rangers game so I"m pretty pumped for that!! I look forward to hearing back from you!! :smile:

:heart: Tracie
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend that you had. I love Chalene Turbo-Fire although with being pregnant I'm not able to do it right now. I am however going on the treadmill right now. A new week it is isn't it? Right now for me just continuing to work out to be healthy for myself and for my baby too. Have a great week!!!
  • Brandyacutebbw
    Brandyacutebbw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Brandy, I am 31 and could always use some more Motivation, I have been off and on this diet and exercise thing for awhile now, but the last few weeks I have jumped back on the wagon and keeping myself on it! This week I have been very good at staying under my calories. As for working out I am doing Shaun T's Rockin Body and Shaun T's Hip hop abs, and because it no longer makes me sore like it did earlier in the week, thinking about adding something else to that but now sure yet.
    I am a big girl and still have a lot to lose, some of my family and friends are supportive, but some of them are tired of hearing me talk about, which is why I could use some motivation. Right now my small goals are, I am going a relay for life in June, so I would like to be able to do that without killing over.. And I have a friend that is getting married in August, I already bought the dress that I want to wear, and I bought it smaller on purpose, I have that dress hanging on my wall so I see it everyday as a reminder to get up, and get moving so I can get in that dress by Mid August.
    I am on the right track just got to stick to it this time.
    Sorry about rambling!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm sick with a virus. I can't train because I'm coughing so much, have sweats/chills, dizzy etc. When I don't train my eating goes to crap. Help!
  • dollaqie
    dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI, AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER I'M ALWAYS ON SOME SORT OF DIET, I STARTED LAST YEAR WITH MFL AND LOST ABOUT 10KG AND STOPPED AND REGAIN THEM ALL BACK WITH A EXTRA FEW. I NEED MOTIVATION ALL THE TIME, AND LOSE INTEREST VERY QUICKLY.
    SOME POSITIVE MOTIVATION IS REALLY WELCOME THIS TIME........THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M GOING TO TRY THIS AND IT MUST BE A SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bermequeen
    bermequeen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I so needed this post right now. I had completely fallen off. I was loggin stuff in but not sure it was accurate. I just didn't want to lose my days of logging in. Something hit me this morning and I was compelled to get up and do something. I on;y did 10 minutes but that was more than I have done in a looooooong time. I think I'm my biggest enemy. I push myself so hard that it's hard to keep it going and then I feel guilty for not keeping up that pace and I quit. Ugh!!!!
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    HI, AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER I'M ALWAYS ON SOME SORT OF DIET, I STARTED LAST YEAR WITH MFL AND LOST ABOUT 10KG AND STOPPED AND REGAIN THEM ALL BACK WITH A EXTRA FEW. I NEED MOTIVATION ALL THE TIME, AND LOSE INTEREST VERY QUICKLY.
    SOME POSITIVE MOTIVATION IS REALLY WELCOME THIS TIME........THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M GOING TO TRY THIS AND IT MUST BE A SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget being on a diet - they don't work because you always end up quitting and regaining all the weight.

Eat sensible healthy foods that you like - but control your portion size -- that means having one serving, not heaps. Just use common sense and don't fret about it. Sometimes you'll want cake or ice cream - it's okay as long as it's one serving once in a while. No stress, no guilt. You might want to read about "Intuitive Eating"

Common Sense -- if you eat too many calories you are going to gain weight. If you eat healthy foods in reasonable amounts you will lose weight. Why do we make it complicated?
  • thirdseason111
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becca. I just got married last month and I am trying to have a healthier life style/ lose some weight. I work as a secretary so I don't have much time to get up and walk around during the day, so I'm pretty inactive. I try to get up early to work out, but it's hard to intentionally get myself up before it's really necessary. I live in the woods so it's also scary to go running by myself on a dirt road that's barely wide enough for 2 cars. I started out ok my first 2 weeks on this site, but by week 3-4, I'm definitely loosing motivation. Could use some encouragement. Also, my husband is traveling for business so I'm going to be alone a lot within the next couple of weeks. I want to make them count in a good way and not do a lot of bored binge eating. Any tips or motivation would be MUCH appreciated.:smile:
  • high5girl
    high5girl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would love some new friends for motivation. So please, add me!!

I started this journey in April 2012 and have lost 72lbs. I still have about 93lbs to go to meet my first goal weight. I've been working out 5-6 days a week, pure cardio. I stick to the calorie plan (most days) but have fallen off the wagon a few times. Would love some friends who are motivating/log frequently! Thanks :)