I'm a new and former EDNOS

Options
I'm looking for any new friends, but especially for other people who are healing from an ED. I've been in a healthy lifestyle since Feb 2011, but I didn't start lifting until August 2012. I'm continually trying to improve my relationship with food and would love to talk to others about how they are improving theirs. I don't have a ton to add right now, but please ask some questions and we'll get some conversations flowing!

Replies

• cktb4him
    cktb4him Posts: 56
    Options
    I wish you the best as you heal your relationship with food! I am recovered and always will struggle with my relationship with food in a healthy way. I have been free of symptoms for 7 years but I think it will always be something that will be a fine line for me. I was a exercise bulimic after being anorexic for a year. My mom and sister were excellent anorexics and I felt like a failure not being able to control binging (which at the time was having more than one meal a day or eating more than 200-500 calories a day after exercising for three hours-running) and so I started to exercise to work off the 200-500 calories I did eat.

After my daughter was born, I starting vomiting after any food and my husband intervened. I thank God everyday that my husband cared enough to get me help. Today, I have two daughters a son and they are very influential in keeping up my healthy struggle with food, as I want to stop the cycle of madness that was in my family.