Pedometer help

Options
I wonder if anyone could help me. I want to get a better pedometer than i have already, some friends say the Ormon walking style lll is really good and others say the fitbit zip.I want one that counts steps, calories, distance, and time taken.
Has any one tried these or is there a better one. I just want a realiable honest one.

Replies

• sweettarra
    Options
    I think it's called the Omron HJ-112 Pocket Pedometer. I have heard really good things about it but I want something that's not for my pocket but one I can wear as a watch. Good luck and I'll be checking back to see if anyone has any suggestions....I've been looking for about a week now, myself.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    fit bit
    hides really well on your bra
    and will be coming out with a wrist one in may
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    LOVE my FitBit! I'd recommend one to anyone, and their customer service rocks!
  • allensachers
    allensachers Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have one called StriiV which will give you calories, distance, steps, time and it is user friendly. I really like it it is digital so occasionally it needs to be charged and it is more expensive than some of the others but I use it and I am worth it, You may be able to get additional information at Striiv.com. Good luck
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have this omran one and I love it. It attachs on a little clip and dongle so it moves around with you when walking. Im not a fan of the ones that slip over your trousers and there is a danger it can fall off.

I had many cheap ones before this and this is really accurate and gives you all those things you want.

This is good mostly if youre on a budget as I think the fitbit is more expensive, thats why I got this one for the time being, but Im really happy with it

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-GOsmart-HJ-203-Pedometer-Black/dp/B003IHWKVY/ref=sr_1_sc_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1365931389&sr=8-14-spell&keywords=omran+pedometer
  • Bomac
    Bomac Posts: 1
    Options
    HI,

I have had the Omron Walking style III for some months now and can’t fault it.

Under £20 at Amazon.co.uk

It’s very simple and quite basic but gives you all you need Steps taken (Aiming for 10,000 day sometimes make it sometimes don’t!) Distance, Calories burned, Fat burned and time.

Best £20 I’ve spent!

Bob
  • harehartley
    Options
    i have a fitbit one and i think its great. It syncs with MFP throughout the day and adds calories if your more active. i find this helpful as i have been more successful having the extra calories i earn during the day. but i did pay £80 for it, but well worth it.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit one too, two weeks ago. Really like it for wearing throughout the day & it monitors sleep too.

Would recommend it (although my HRM is better for 'full on' activities like the gym) x
  • CRHoneybee
    Options
    Hi, I have been using a fitbit zip for the last 2 months and was very happy with it till last week. Last week it stopped counting, would go blank therefore was not accurate. It is now not even syncing to myfitnespal. I dont know what its doing. My sister has been using a fitbit one and she loves it. She is not experiencing the same problems I am. I went with the zip because I work 7pm- 7am and the sleep function was just not something that appealed to me, however I do wish I had the stair step counter which the one has. Having said all this, I did purchase the warranty and I have been in contact with fitbit and they are willing to replace my existing zip. All in all I would spend the $99 for the fitbit one if you can. Hope this helps.

Denise:smile:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have used the inexpensive Sportline model at Walmart ($5) and it works fine. My Fav is a New Balance Via Slim ($25-$30).

I prefer not to spend too much on a step counter. I have lost one, broken one and drowned one.
  • HeartRateMonitorsUSA
    Options
    Fitbit Zip or Fitbit One are 2 really great models. Both are rechargeable. Omron HJ112 and Omron HJ113 are also Highly rated pocket pedometers.