• rhiannan1991
    rhiannan1991 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My sister says no you can eat shrimp in cycle 2
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    *peeks condescending head in*

This doesn't sound like a lifestyle change to me. Definitely not something you could do for life. It might jumpstart your weight loss but what about the long run?

*runs away*
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you go through the "groups" section on Mfp, there is a couple of groups with the 17day diet, they have pretty high numbers of members if that helps:flowerforyou:
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Side note to any people recommending SOY:noway: it effects your metabolism and will work against your weightloss. Read up on soy before you start leaning on it as a meat, milk and dairy substitute*:happy:

* SOY is also in almost all processed foods as a filler which works against "clean eating" and any other healthy regimen. If you wouldnt cover your food in Lard or high fructose corn syrup, dont pour soy over everything:noway:
  • Lorr950
    Lorr950 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just started this 17 Day Diet and I think it is great. Don't feel hungry at all and have already started loosing weight. Does anyone know if you can have black bean sauce on your stir fry in Cycle 1:smile:
  • colormeskinny2
    colormeskinny2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "I have just started this 17 Day Diet and I think it is great. Don't feel hungry at all and have already started loosing weight. Does anyone know if you can have black bean sauce on your stir fry in Cycle 1smile "

I have been doing the 17 Day Diet since March 12, 2013....I've recently kind of fallen off the bandwagon but am trying to get back on! I'm suppose to start Cycle 3 tomorrow! Black Beans are not allowed in Cycle 1 but they are allowed in Cycle 2, gives you something to look forward to :) Good luck with the "diet" stay strong, don't give in to cravings like I did, go for results!!
  • colormeskinny2
    colormeskinny2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have just started this 17 Day Diet and I think it is great. Don't feel hungry at all and have already started loosing weight. Does anyone know if you can have black bean sauce on your stir fry in Cycle 1:smile:

I have been doing the 17 Day Diet since March 12, 2013....I've recently kind of fallen off the bandwagon but am trying to get back on! I'm suppose to start Cycle 3 tomorrow! Black Beans are not allowed in Cycle 1 but they are allowed in Cycle 2, gives you something to look forward to :) Good luck with the "diet" stay strong, don't give in to cravings like I did, go for results!!
  • bhedgepath
    bhedgepath Posts: 1
    Options
    For those who have not taken the time to read the book and followed it carefully, please see the article below. It's a good summary and it includes nutritionist comments. Before calling this a fad diet and not realizing it's a life-style change (I hate that term but don't know what else to call it), please, please read this:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I read the link.

It's a fad diet and does not teach how to maintain a healthy lifestyle post-diet.

Next!
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    I did this diet a year ago and only did cycle 1. I lost 12 lbs in 2 weeks and have maintained that weight using pretty much the basics from cycle 4, the maintenance cycle. It changed how I have eaten completely. It was a fairly easy diet to stick to to as well.
  • Arwaxx
    Arwaxx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    can we get it online?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I read the link.

It's a fad diet and does not teach how to maintain a healthy lifestyle post-diet.

Next!
    lol
  • bkskbksk
    Options
    I am new to the 17DD..
    Can I have almonds as " friendly fat" in cycle 1?
    Not losing as fast as my other friend that lost 22 in first cycle?!
    Feeling bloated and constipated, despite the 2X probiotics and tons of water?
    Sticking to what book says and still... Ugh! Help!!