Are you doing the Insanity nutrition plan??

Options
Hi I just started doing the Insanity Elite Nutrition plan and was wondering if there was anyone else out there who was doing it too??? I've been searchng but can't find many people.

I will be including Insanity once I've done 2 rounds of 30 day shred, including a Tae Bo session the last round too.

I am currently 282lbs (20st 2lbs) I've lost 20lbs (1st 6lbs) in 11 weeks, it would have been much more but I've been messing about with my eating. I want to lose another 145lbs (10st 5lbs) and if you're doing Insanity and the eating plan, just the eating plan and some other form of high intensity workouts i'd love for you to add me.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Replies

• smellyhelly30
    smellyhelly30 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Im on recovery week of insanity and trying to follow the nutrition plan.
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been following the Insanity nutrition plan 99.9%. I do have a glass or two of red wine a week. I mostly like the recipes that are given, sometimes I change ingredients up using Michi's ladder in the back. One thing I guess worth mentioning is that this past Sunday I made the "Protein Pancakes" and when I was putting those ingredients together, I wretched a little, but believe it or not, they were really friggin good. I recommend it. One thing I haven't done is "Shakeology" I hear many positive reviews, but that stuff is sooo expensive. I have been making my own protein shakes, albeit they probably don't have a shopping carts worth of ingredients in them, but they meet their purpose.
  • ElenakiFra
    ElenakiFra Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello.I dont follow the plan, although i do some recipes of it but in general i dont like it..Am greek so we eat a lot different foods here.
  • lightmouse
    lightmouse Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm trying but work makes it really difficult. I don't always get time to eat - yesterday I didn't have lunch or dinner because of work so I was way under my calories for the day :cry:

I'm worried that I'm going to be so disappointed at the end. I don't have much to lose, I just want some definition. I try so hard with the workouts but because I'm not following the nutrition guide as well I can't help but think that I won't get the results I want. I have protein shakes and try to eat well when I can.

Is there anyone else out there who got results they were pleased with without strictly following the nutrition plan?
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! I'll be taking ideas and some meals from the plan but i think as long as you get your calories and macros right it's not going to matter too much.
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    When I tried to do Insanity the first time, I followed the meal plan. This time around I'm just eating balanced meals and keeping to my calorie goal. I take a few ideas from the nutrition plan, but I've found that I eat more variety if I don't follow it.

Shakeology is awesome! It is expensive, but it gives me more energy and it fills in nutrient gaps I may have that day. I don't drink it everyday, just when I feel I need something extra.
    If you feel that you are getting all the nutrients you need each day then you don't really need Shakeology. The protein shakes are probably enough!
    If you want to just try it, you can buy individual packs on Ebay... It's a lot cheaper and if you don't like it you haven't wasted any money.
  • lightmouse
    Options
    Are there any Shakeology sellers on ebay that you would recommend? (worried I'll end up with talcum powder/chalk or some other nonsense that tastes OK but isn't actually what it should be) :sick:
  • champagndrea
    champagndrea Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've never had any problems... its always been authentic. Plus, Ebay has buyer protection!
  • lightmouse
    Options
    I've never had any problems... its always been authentic. Plus, Ebay has buyer protection!

Cool :happy: I'm going to try it - thanks :flowerforyou:
  • benepkangashou
    Options
    Hello guys, I'll start the insanity work-out today,I've try to do the insanity before why that out doing the insanity nutrition plan and I drop down about 11 pound so I just follow the nutrition % that means for example 40% of protein, 40%carbs and 20% of fat and eating 1700cals per day so I thinks that if you guys, follow the % that insanity put in his nutrition plan you will get your goals.
    Have a nice day :) and Myfitnesspal is a really god tool to helps you guys you can find in youtube videos of how to make your settings to put the %