Rewarding yourself with Food

Options
I know that I should not reward myself with food, but everytime I see a drop in the scale, my mind says eat eat eat! How can I change my way of thinking. I do not want to sabotage myself anymore!

Replies

• 6Petite
    6Petite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Buy something for yourself! Flowers, maybe? Or clothing? Unless you have a shopping addiction or have a tight budget, then that would not be good. How about trying on your clothes and seeing how much better you look in them.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Look for non-food rewards. E.g., schedule a massage.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    If rewarding yourself with food is something you like to do, there are ways to do it without sabotaging yourself. Like plan a nice meal out that fits into your daily calorie goal. Or go to a high-end chocolatier and purchase one amazing truffle (again, fitting it into your day's calories). Take yourself on a picnic. Food shouldn't equal guilt--you can easily treat yourself to something special without going over your daily limit.
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Love a good pedicure
    Or buy a really nice bra. After outgrowing Victoria Secrets, I can't wait to go in and buy a really pretty bra.
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    If rewarding yourself with food is something you like to do, there are ways to do it without sabotaging yourself. Like plan a nice meal out that fits into your daily calorie goal. Or go to a high-end chocolatier and purchase one amazing truffle (again, fitting it into your day's calories). Take yourself on a picnic. Food shouldn't equal guilt--you can easily treat yourself to something special without going over your daily limit.

^^This is very well said- and I agree :)
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody... I will try to find a non-food reward or make room for the chocolate. All are helpful tips!
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's hard....when the scale drops I can't always directly tie it to the week's behaviour....so I start down the dangerous path of "see it's easy, I can do this...I don't have give up EVERYTHING" and then I have a little binge....thus I lose weight in fits and spurts.

it's also hard to become so emotionally tied to the scale. if the scale doesn't move you feel like the whole weeks has been a waste.
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's hard....when the scale drops I can't always directly tie it to the week's behaviour....so I start down the dangerous path of "see it's easy, I can do this...I don't have give up EVERYTHING" and then I have a little binge....thus I lose weight in fits and spurts.

it's also hard to become so emotionally tied to the scale. if the scale doesn't move you feel like the whole weeks has been a waste.

Yes exactly!
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm a food rewarder in the way that most folks tell you not to do it. However, my thinking is that it is one meal on one day., it is a reward, you don't get it all the time. As long as you're having good behaviors, doing what your body says is working for your weight-loss/fitness goals, I say do it. If you shouldn't beat yourself up for having a bad day, because it's just one day, why shouldn't you reward yourself? I do hit it a little harder at the gym for compensation though ;) French fries are delicious.