Can i get THIS body bikini ready in 6 weeks? *INCLUDES PICS*

Options

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Start doing P90X or Insanity or 30 Day Shred RIGHT now. Stop eating carbs. Eat a lot of lean protein, veggies, and fruit. Do your workout in the AM and do another 3 mile jog in the evening. Follow each workout with a protein shake which is low in carbs and sugar and calories.

6 weeks isn't that long, you can certainly lose some weight, but don't expect "biggest loser" type results after 5 days. Those people are woking out 6-8 hours a day and have coaches, trainers, and dietitians helping them.

You tell her to start P90x or Insanity, but then say to stop eating carbs...why? That's an absolutely terrible idea. If she did either of those programs, it would be incredibly difficult to get through a workout with little to no fuel

Not true. I'm doing Insanity and 30 DS at the same time right now and I eat less than 30g carbs a day--my body has switched to burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. (:

And for the record, you CAN do it; just take it a day at a time, and before you know it your six weeks will be up!

Welp, let's see how long you can keep that up. Besides...what happens when you start eating a normal amount of carbs again?
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Start doing P90X or Insanity or 30 Day Shred RIGHT now. Stop eating carbs. Eat a lot of lean protein, veggies, and fruit. Do your workout in the AM and do another 3 mile jog in the evening. Follow each workout with a protein shake which is low in carbs and sugar and calories.

6 weeks isn't that long, you can certainly lose some weight, but don't expect "biggest loser" type results after 5 days. Those people are woking out 6-8 hours a day and have coaches, trainers, and dietitians helping them.

You tell her to start P90x or Insanity, but then say to stop eating carbs...why? That's an absolutely terrible idea. If she did either of those programs, it would be incredibly difficult to get through a workout with little to no fuel

Not true. I'm doing Insanity and 30 DS at the same time right now and I eat less than 30g carbs a day--my body has switched to burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. (:

And for the record, you CAN do it; just take it a day at a time, and before you know it your six weeks will be up!

And what is going to happen once you start eating those carbs again?

Why would I want to go back to burning carbs for fuel and having cravings and snacking when I could burn fat for fuel and eat all of this delicious low carb food? I'm at a point where I'm adding 5g of carbs back into my diet every week and checking to make sure that I'm still in ketosis--once I'm "out" of ketosis, I will know what level of carbs I can eat without dealing with the cravings most people have. I imagine this will be around 50-90 g carbs, but I'd honestly be fine with living this way forever. So, I guess, nothing would happen other than my continued happiness. :D
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

^ Great advice. Thanks.:flowerforyou:

No. Its not.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Why would I want to go back to burning carbs for fuel and having cravings and snacking when I could burn fat for fuel and eat all of this delicious low carb food? I'm at a point where I'm adding 5g of carbs back into my diet every week and checking to make sure that I'm still in ketosis--once I'm "out" of ketosis, I will know what level of carbs I can eat without dealing with the cravings most people have. I imagine this will be around 50-90 g carbs, but I'd honestly be fine with living this way forever. So, I guess, nothing would happen other than my continued happiness. :D

I cant. Just. No.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Based on the suit in your pic, you might also like something with a ruffle or whatnot. I find this one really cute and flattering for your shape:

shabby-apple-viola-lg.jpg
    http://www.outblush.com/women/fashion/swimwear/shabby-apple-viola-swimsuit/
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options

I cant. Just. No.

It's okay; I expect many people to react this way. In fact, I was even a little taken aback and not willing to do the research last year (pre-low carb). To each his own! I`m just letting the OP know that if she does want to do low carb with Insanity/30 DS/BOTH then it is totally possible. Not only that, I have enough energy by the end of the day to run a 5k, too. I'm glad what you're doing is working out for you, and what I'm doing is working out for me--let's leave it at that. (:
  • jmlosingit
    jmlosingit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    This site is a great free HIIT workout site. They upload new videos everyday

http://www.dailyhiit.com/
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Lots of ab exercises i'm afraid! Even toning up a wobbly belly makes it look a hell of a lot better :)
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Definitely! 30DS gives seriously mind blowing results if you stick with it. :-)
    Another I've had amazing results from is Insanity. I lost 7 inches in about 3 weeks with it.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lots of ab exercises i'm afraid! Even toning up a wobbly belly makes it look a hell of a lot better :)

You can't spot reduce in the way this implies, I'm sorry to say.
  • mrsg2006
    mrsg2006 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    :love:
    I'm honestly a huge fan of a one piece if you're open to the idea :) 6 weeks is not long as others have mentioned...

JCREW
    ad0ad4e77174dea66e090b60c44ad10a.jpg

UNKNOWN (sorry)
    309acd6b94a1323bf7dc97736803aa3f.jpg

ROBIN PICCONE
    704cc7611431b32a4aecc6f27c49cc6a.jpg

*edited to add designers* I don't know where the second is from I'm sorry to say :(

LOVE LOVE LOVE the black one on the bottom by Robin Piccone!!! :love:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce in the way this implies, I'm sorry to say.

AT ALL.
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    thankyou everyone for your advice!
    ive found some gorgeous 1 pieces just encase haha

257lnvp.png
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you're at all Retro, I love this site:

http://www.reyswimwear.com/

And walmart online has some that are similar for like $35
    Style I'm getting for this year

0009661115968_500X500.jpg
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I've done 30 day shred but i would say try Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack! it did amazing things for me in 6 weeks! Take a look in my profile pics for my before, during and after shot. If i remember correctly there's only about 8lb difference in my weight, but i think it looks like more.

All the best!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I am SO glad somebody finally pointed this out! If you're increasing your activity level, you're going to need more protein AND carbs! Ya know, for that thing we like to call "energy," so you can actually do the workout. :noway:
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that finds it funny this girl comes here for help in toning up and losing a few lbs and you guys suggest she gets a one piece bathing suit?? lol... Personally I think a mixture of Insanity and heavy lifting would help you tighten up and lose fat pretty quickly....and you don't need a one piece- even as you are now. Although they are cute so if YOU want to wear one go for it, but you don't need to.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Please don't allow anyone, not even yourself, to body-shame you into not wearing what you want to wear. I'm hella old now, but when I was a teenybopper someone gave me a bikini. I thought I was hot stuff in that bikini. However, a woman I trusted and admired saw me in it and said, "I didn't know you were that fat.". I wasn't really fat, but I allowed that statement, made over 40 years ago, to shame me into wearing the biggest, ugliest swimming suits I could find.

Have more confidence. If you like the suit then get the suit and wear it proudly.

If you do want to work out extra hard for the next 6 weeks, I have found that you can lose inches with 30DS and it is quite affordable. Check the library and see if they have Tracy Anderson's Post-Pregnancy workout. She does concentrate on the abs in that one.

Whether you tone up, lose more weight or stay just as you are now you should wear whatever makes you feel happy, flirty, sexy. . . LG
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the polka dot one piece, super adorable! Good luck either way, you can do it OP!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options

This. A million times this. Editing to add that I recommend P90x and Insanity over 30 Day Shred, because they are way harder. 30DS is like petting puppies and kittens compared to the other two...

Agreed with these posts. I only lost 2lb in the first month of Insanity but my progress pics show WAY more inch loss. Oh, forget the no carbs thing though.