Low calorie sweet treat suggestions

Options
I know not everyone agrees with eating frets / processed foods, but personally, I think that allowing myself small treats when I want them stops me feeling deprived then ending up on a binge.

What are your low calorie sweet treat recommendations?

I love Boots Shapers Bars in Mint nougat flavour at 81 calories, or Kit Kats at 107 calories, or Malteaser fun size packs at 99 calories.

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    TastyKakes at 90-145 calories depending on type I get, Trader Joe's dark chocolate mini bars at 100 cals each, Snack Pack pudding at 100-120 cals, dark chocolate Chex Mix at 140 cals/serving, Planter's Almond Chocolate crunch nut mix at 180 for 32g, but I use the scale and increase or decrease amount depending on how many calories I have available for munching.
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    -Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches - think they are somewhere around 160-170 calories/sandwich?
    -100-calorie kettle corn packages - I like the pop-secret best
    -frozen mango from Trader Joe's and frozen dark sweet Private Selection cherries (Kroger's brand)
    -flavored Greek yogurts - especially the Stoneyfield low-fat pinepple, the dannon coconut vanilla, and pretty much any of the Chobani ones
    -cinnamon raisin toast or English muffin
    -coffee with a portion of flavored creamer or a hot chocolate packet

I'll post more if/when I think of them :-)
    --
  • funkylemur
    funkylemur Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anything funsize chocolate wise, or flumps ! Just lately Ive been enjoying a hot chocolate with a biccie or two. And why not? Half the battle is learning to eat a healthy balanced diet - for me, a treat is just that now, it used to be the norm .... lesson learnt !
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Cadbury buttons- treat size.
    Milky way magic stars- fun size.
    Alpen light choc and fudge cereal bar (67 kcals)
    Or a muller light fat free smooth toffee yogurt
  • Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Curly Wurly! 115 calories. Apparently if you keep them in the freezer they take a lot longer to eat and the enjoyment is extended!
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Berries and cool whip
    Canteloupe
    Black cherry sugar free jello with cool whip

Ok, in all honesty, almost anything with cool whip. LOL.
  • Tabytha13
    Tabytha13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to be more conscious about how I eat, what I mean is, not shovelling in food quickly & mindlessly to get the high sugar rush. I close my eyes and savour the food in my mouth keeping it in there for 30 chews but what I'm finding is the "low cal", "no sugar" or "healthy" branded bars & snacks actually taste rather pants when they're in my mouth for more than 30 seconds :( a square of Green & Blacks Milk Chocolate gives me so much more pleasure... The hard thing is still learning to stop after a couple of squares Lol! so I buy the mini bars (only 80 kcals)

x
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I find the sugar free dark chocolate jello pudding cups 60 cals are my favorite. I have NO hesitation about eating them either hahah. I also saw something about taking cool whip and stirring in the PB2 to make a good low cal frosting??? Haven't tried it yet but I have both regular and chocolate PB2 so I will do it sometime.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have managed to convert myself onto dark chocolate - just a square a day but it really helps cure the craving, but also has other health benefits. I do occasionally have other chocolate, but it's very tempting!