day off no logging or calorie counting

Options
2»

Replies

• bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Whatever floats your boat is ok as far as I am concerned, it's up to you to get back on the wagon or not as the case may be
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    (In...

...to look for a correlation in the category of response and where the responder is on their own progress.

(Always has been a fascinating concept to me.))

Personally, even when I take a "break", I still log it. It isn't like it takes more than a few minutes to log the entire day. Logging it doesn't make it any less of a break...but it gives me the information I need to understand the big picture. And not logging it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have tried not to log. I can't handle it, OR cheat days.

Logging lets me be aware of what I'm consuming, and where I am at so I don't over eat or under eat. I feel like if I am going to have a day where I eat a little more than I should it (for me) should be a work out day.

I don't do cheat days because I don't recover well from them. I can't just eat like a pig one day than jump right back to it. Last time I had a cheat day it turned into a cheat month. I do more of an over indulgence meal every once in a while. I may eat a little more at dinner or have a little extra but I always log it. If you are able to cheat and get right back to it I have nothing against it. I just can't do it. I don't want to put myself in a place of eating the way I used to and let all my hard work go down the drain.
  • benum21121
    benum21121 Posts: 200
    Options
    Cheat days? Sure. You can eat all the crap you want.. but to be honest with yourself, I recommend logging everything. Hell- this is my third profile on MFP in 2 years!! I blew a 120+ day 'streak' of logging and felt absolutely terrible! I can also recognize that I'm enough of a control freak that I NEED to log every day. This time around, I've gone 60 days today and I'm down 20+ pounds, and I will log every day- but that's me. You gotta do what you're willing to justify to yourself. You're the only one that has to be fine with it. I wish you luck with your weight loss/fitness endeavors..
  • Autumnsun26
    Autumnsun26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This!
    I cut myself slack every once in a while if I have a social engagement that involves food BUT I ALWAYS balance it out with extra exercise and eating very, very lightly the following day.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're looking for someone to enable you. Don't worry, I'm sure somebody will step up and tell you it's okay. Also, you're not alone, most people who fail rationalize their first step exactly as you have...pretty common I think.
    Log it all. ONE REALLY BAD DAY MAY tank an entire week.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

OP: Do what you want. Whatever your goal is, and how long it takes or how you choose to do it is completely up to you. If you take a day off or a week off, enjoy yourself.

I don't see why it would not be ok, or so what if it derails your whole week...you know, considering it is your life and the only person this will end up affecting is you.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If I know I am going to blow if for the day (Chinese buffet, or whatever) I just log some ungodly amount of calories (3000 or so) and let it be. Who cares?! I have never had a day like that put an ounce of weight on me that I couldn't recover in 48 hours :-) I went to Fogo De Chao (INCREDIBLENESS!!!!) last Saturday and lost 2 pounds this week :-)
    Do what you gotta do....avoid posting things like this as the "hard core" committed people will have an opinion you do not want :-) Be happy and find success within yourself. Try it...if you don't gain anything and you feel it helps you stay on track...then do it! If you felt like crap and the benefits did not outway the day, then don't do it.
    You are an adult :-) Do what works for you, be happy and stay on track (even if it means a cheat day)...you don't need permission to do what your body will allow :-)
  • MsHaether
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend doing this often. It sounds like you are resorting back to the eating behaviors that brought you to the desire to lose weight in the first place. If you aren't making actual life style changes the your success will be short lived in my opinion. But to each their own. What works for one doesn't work for all you know?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

How in Hades did you get that picture OUT OF MY HEAD? :laugh:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

I'm a wizard.
  • feelthelove1964
    feelthelove1964 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Morning all, Just wanted to say thank you for the replies, good and not so good,

I have just weighed myself and I have lost 3lb :) .

I am very happy indeed because I was able to take a day off and enjoy a day out with my family , I wouldn't do this on a regular basis but it worked for me and no damage was done ,in fact the opposite .

When i go to Florida next year enjoying Disney i won't be dieting :)

To all of you who encouraged me here I want to say a big THANK YOU ;)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Yep I have days where I just need a break from logging, which results in me eating crap.

I always feel disgusting physically and mentally though.
  • feelthelove1964
    Options
    LOLOL! Holy hell in a handbasket, simmer down people! OP was just making a light-hearted post asking if anyone can relate; not asking for permission.

OP, I definitely take a break from it on the weekends, and other special occasions. I may still exercise, but not always. Enjoy your day off :)

Thank you :)
  • feelthelove1964
    Options
    I cut myself slack every once in a while if I have a social engagement that involves food BUT I ALWAYS balance it out with extra exercise and eating very, very lightly the following day.

Thank you too :)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

I'm a wizard.

<Bows to your Awesomeness>