Hello everyone.

Options
Hi all. I'm new to the community and wanted to introduce myself. My goal is to lose 25 lbs before the summer. I am trying to stay under 1200 calories. It is hard. I bought a heart rate monitor to track calories burned. Does anyone have any good recipes for healthy eating or any good...not expensive workout programs?

Replies

• saranl3293
    saranl3293 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What works well for me is cutting out "bready" carbs like pasta, rice, breads, snacky foods like chips, pretzels.
    I focus on eatting more protein like lean meat; ground turkey, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, turkey lunch meat, etc., light string cheese, eggs, light yogurt, and nuts. I lose weight much faster without the bready carbs.

I read that our body burns the bready fatty carbs as energy first, which leaves behind the lean protein fats which causes us to get fat because it can only burn so much.
    Now if you cut out the bready fatty carbs, your body will burn the protein fats first which causes weight loss.
    Its similar to the attkins diet but I do a less extreme version of it.

It works very well for me.
  • angj579
    angj579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I will try that.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It is advised that you not eat under 1200 calories and if you do set your limit at 1200 calories, then you should eat back the exercise calories that you burn. You may want to do a search on "In Place of a RoadMap" on MFP. It explains a lot about coming up with the right calorie number for you.
  • angj579
    angj579 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will look it up