TWO MONTHS TO LOSE 20 POUNDS? HELP?

Options
How do I lose 20 pounds in two months? Please help?

Replies

• shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Start right now, stick to your calories, don't eat all your exercise calories, start exercising, walk, do C25k, swim. Believe that you can do it and do it. Don't give up.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    You start three months ago. You're asking to lose about 2.5 pounds a week. If you are obese, it's possible but you're going to have to work your tail off. If you are not obese, there are no healthy and sustainable ways to lose that much so quickly.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    ^what he said. Even when I was 300 pounds it was a Shakespearean struggle just to consistently lose 2 pounds a week, with a strict diet and heavy exercise. Good luck!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I can be done, but really, how healthy is that?!
  • ZeroTX
    ZeroTX Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. Already started. Need to lose no less than 15, but preferably 20. Yes, I'm obese, so in relative terms, 20lbs isn't that much. Without access to a gym, suggestions on exercise to burn calories? I don't find that walking is adequate. Once on a vacation to NYC, we walked at least 10 miles a day and still gained weight.
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try 1,200 calories a day of a lean protiens and green raw vegtables, low carb, low fat, low sugar diet. Do about an hour of extensive cardio such as running, Turbo Fire or 30 day shred (all 3 workouts), followed by strength excercies such as P90X. You have a better chance of dropping 20lbs. the more obese you are, because you will be naturally burning more calories. Keep in mind the faster the weight comes off the faster it will go back on if you stop exercising and counting calories. Good Luck!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot. Already started. Need to lose no less than 15, but preferably 20. Yes, I'm obese, so in relative terms, 20lbs isn't that much. Without access to a gym, suggestions on exercise to burn calories? I don't find that walking is adequate. Once on a vacation to NYC, we walked at least 10 miles a day and still gained weight.

Run, walk, swim, ride a bike. Eat healthy foods. Count calories. Do pushups. Easy to find a way to lose weight if the motivation is actually there. The challenge is disciplining yourself to do it.
  • Doogiezz
    Doogiezz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me, the Sonoma Diet has been a Godsend. I've lost 40 pounds in 50 days. Granted, I had a lot to start with, and a long way to go, but this diet is awesome, especially I you love good food. The book is easily available, and there is plenty of info online. Try it!
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Well, in a nutshell you need to reduce your calorie intake and increase your energy usage by exercise.
    YMMMV, but three things that help me immensely are:
    Firstly, I bring in my own lunch to work. That removes any temptation to do stuff like run out to the nearest fast food place at noon and order the combo with supersized fries, or to grab the special from the cafeteria on lasagna day.
    Secondly, I work out for 60-90 min when I get home from work, which causes me to miss a large supper meal. After a workout it's 8PM and I hardly feel like eating anything substantial so usually I make myself just a fruit smoothie that is not high in calories and that fills me up until bedtime.
    Thirdly, I eat four or five small meals a day. That prevents me from getting too hungry and developing uncomfortable hunger pangs between looong waits between meals.
    Good luck.
  • jadams1650
    jadams1650 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'd venture a guess that the walking was not the cause of your weight gain. Might have been the copious amounts of food and drink.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    This achievement is doable assuming you are overweight (closer to obesity classification) but your diet will have to be quite strict !

Good luck :drinker:
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Question, are you serious?

This is very extreme. Feel free to start your weightloss journey but don't expect miracle results. I lost weight quickly and when I hit -20lbs hit a plateau.

I lost 20 lbs in 3 months and I think that was to extreme for my body.
  • GLHoover1022
    GLHoover1022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Why 20 lbs in only 2 months? Is there a special event you are trying to look good for? Vacation or wedding? Drop the sugar and simple carbs. Eat lean protein and veggies. Drink lots of water. Avoid salt. Do cardio, but also strength and toning exercises. Don't focus on the number of pounds. Focus on the inches you lose and the way your clothes fit. Be reasonable with yourself. Good luck!