Coca- Cola

Options
toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
I'm watching a documentary on Coke and its history, and it's so interesting! People drink 100 million gallons of coke EVERY DAY! The marketing behind the product is amazing too. They own the shape of their bottle, no other bottle is legally allowed to be shaped the same way. They have a secret lab that has full reproductions of supermarkets and gas stations so they can study product placement in stores to see what will catch your eye in the first five seconds you're in the store. Coke also owns 500 other products! I love stuff like this, very interesting.

Replies

• alyz
    alyz Posts: 41
    Options
    Coke is my weakness! I have absolutely no trouble at all staying away from sweets or anything else, but when it comes to coke, I have to fight myself! I'm not sure if it's the marketing haha, but it's definitely tasty!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I agree with the above poster. I just have to have my Coke. I try to limit it to one can/day. Some days I can go without, but then I start having a major craving!! I've tried all kinds of diet soda and I will just allot the calories into my day for the "Real Thing"!
  • toots99
    Options
    They have a new 'freestyle' machine at convenience stores that let you create your own flavors of Coke from all of their products, and it tracks everything - who is buying what, how much of it, and even at what times of day!

I was more of a Pepsi fan, but since making the switch to diet, I usually drink flavored diet soda, like Diet Cherry Pepsi or Diet Cherry Coke, or Sprite Zero, Diet Cherry 7 Up. Not much of a plain diet cola fan.
  • t2ac
    t2ac Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm the same way, if I could drop the coke-cola from my diet I could probably start losing some weight. I have cut down considerably but can't go all day with out one.
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a heavy Pepsi drinker before I started my weight loss journey. At first I cut back considerably, allowing myself only 1 12 oz serving per day. But now my tastes have changed and I'm drinking only diet sodas, mostly coke zero or diet A&W root beer when I want a carbonated beverage fix.

Other than that it's plain old water for me from now on.

Mt wife jokes that she thought that I would go to my grave with a can of Pepsi in each hand. She still can't believe I drink only diet soda now.

If I can cut out empty-calorie laden soda anyone can!
  • toots99
    Options
    I was a heavy Pepsi drinker before I started my weight loss journey. At first I cut back considerably, allowing myself only 1 12 oz serving per day. But now my tastes have changed and I'm drinking only diet sodas, mostly coke zero or diet A&W root beer when I want a carbonated beverage fix.

Other than that it's plain old water for me from now on.

Mt wife jokes that she thought that I would go to my grave with a can of Pepsi in each hand. She still can't believe I drink only diet soda now.

If I can cut out empty-calorie laden soda anyone can!

I was the same way! When I was a teenager and living at home, I used to drink so much soda that I'd secretly buy more to repace what I drank so my Mom wouldn't yell at me! I'd easily go through a six-pack a day! Amazes me, and disgusts me, now when I think about it. :noway:
  • anthemfamily
    anthemfamily Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was a pepsi-aholic before weight loss. I was also a smoker, they just went together. Since quitting and dieting I have given it up and replaced with water and tea. If I really feel I can't live without it I will go for a diet. I really think most of my weight came from soda!!!

Traci
  • RhiannaGonnaBeSoHot
    Options
    oh my gosh... what a good topic! I am a coke FREAK! my house is covered in coke memorabilia! I boycott restaurants that don't serve coca-cola. too bad it doesn't have "coke" in it anymore...