Body Fat percent - visuals

Options
13»

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The 25% fat man looks good to me.

My husband liked the woman in the 25% range. That's my goal too.
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What is the source for those photos? I am between Ms 25 and Ms 30, and my breasts have never looked like that. I am Ms Dubious.

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What is the source for those photos? I am between Ms 25 and Ms 30, and my breasts have never looked like that. I am Ms Dubious.

http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Thanks. So, they aren't people with confirmed bf % at all, just stock images the dude thinks might represent that number. Those girls could have fake boobs.
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing! EWWW!
    Yikes! That 3 - 4% guy looks like he has cutaneous larval migrans!! (A very unpleasant condition caused by certain intestinal parasite :sick: )
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries weight differently. Can't say those examples hold true for me. If the standing BF scale was accurate, two years ago I was 17-18% BF @117 lbs. Can't say I looked as great as the lady in the picture did. No way. Still flabby. Perhaps I just have a small frame?

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I always find these types of pictures discouraging and not really an accurate depiction. I usually find that I look like a higher bodyfat than I actually am when comparing myself to these types of pictures.

For example, I look more like the pic depicting 20% bf but my actual bf is 15% and when I was 21% bf I looked closer to the pic showing 30% bf (in the stomach and legs, not the chest - i could only wish!).

ETA: On second thought, I think at 21% bf I looked a bit bigger than the 30% pic but smaller than the next picture. My husband agrees.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How come everything has to turn into a fight?

It wasn't intended to be a negative post. It is supposed to be positive.
    Why?
    Because some people (women especially) may not understand that at 30% BF you can look healthy.
    Because at 25% women can look great!
    Because at 12% you may look unhealthy.

This was not intended to state "we are all the same"
    of course we are all different, nobody is saying anything else. I sure am not.
    When I see a young person say they want to be a stick and be 11% BF because they think that is healthy, I would like to show them these pictures.
    When I read that someone doesn't understand that a sz. 4 and 24% BF is GOOD and not unhealthy, I would like to show them these pictures.

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!
    Yes, I know, but thanks for yelling.
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    30% on a girl looks fantastic, yet the 30% guy looks decidedly "pudgy". So unfair :tongue:
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    30% on a girl looks fantastic, yet the 30% guy looks decidedly "pudgy". So unfair :tongue:

It's all about the boobs. Good on female, bad on male.
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options

Keep in mind that a woman's essential body fat content is higher than a man's, so at the same %, the woman is less "over minimum" than a man is.

I think it's interesting how many women have mentioned that they like the men with a little pudge, but their own personal ideal is absolutely no pudge. We women are hard on ourselves!
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 25% body fat and i look WAY fatter than that ahaha! x
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am at 31.8 body fat right now and look nothing like the 30% woman! Hell, I look like more in between the 45% % 50% woman.

Thanks for posting!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Interesting!
  • kayygreat
    kayygreat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    cool
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    In the past year I went from 19 % to 23% bf. And I feel like I have never looked as good as the girl on here who says 25% :(
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    im 18% so its a nice perception on myself........ my tummy is not that tight thou .......... one day it may be
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I think 25% female and 15% male look best.