Talkin' 'bout my motivation....

Options
I began to try to live a healthier lifestyle last November. I found MFP in January. I've lost 52 pounds so far. On Valentine's day I received this note from my 24 year old son. He happens to have autism so please save your spelling and grammar corrections. I'm just thrilled he can write a letter.

Letter_from_Josh_zpsb93f57cd.jpg.html

Who could read this letter and lack motivation?

Replies

• dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    awww I can't read the letter - its too small....any chance of helping me to read it?
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    That's adorable:) You have a very proud son! I also have a son with autism and he inspires my life everyday:heart: You're right, there is NO WAY to not be motivated after reading that!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    no letter posted? :(
  • mthompsontx
    Options
    Here it is as text:

Dear Dad,
    I hope you do a good job loosing weight. I’ll cheer you on. I hope you feel a lot better as you do so. That’s a good way to live a good, long healthy life. You’ve done a very good job and I want you to keep it up. I hope you feel happy as you loose all that weight. I want you to be proud of yourself and keep it up. I feel happy when I excersize. That makes me feel so, so, so, so very good. I like being healthy and strong. I like doing what I’m doing. I’m proud of myself for doing so good (he’s lost 58 pounds since he graduated high school in 2010). I’m even happy I have my new treadmill. I also want you to have a very good Valentines Day. That’s a special day. You are my Valentine. You’re a nice one. I love you so very much. You’ve been a nice dad. I hope you keep that up too. I hope we may visit today. I love visiting with you. That makes me feel so, so, so, very accompanied. I like talking with people, especially my loved ones. I like watching TV with you. I love being with you. I hope you had a good workout today since it is Valentine’s Day. Do a good job at work. Work hard as you always do. I’ll be praying for you as I always have. You always work hard and that’s something to be very proud of. Even though you start nonsense, you’re a very nice dad. That’s what I love about you. You’re a very, very, very, nice, loving, friendly, jovial and pleasant dad. I hope you will always bee. Have a very, very, very great Valentines Day.

From Josh
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I began to try to live a healthier lifestyle last November. I found MFP in January. I've lost 52 pounds so far. On Valentine's day I received this note from my 24 year old son. He happens to have autism so please save your spelling and grammar corrections. I'm just thrilled he can write a letter.

Letter_from_Josh_zpsb93f57cd.jpg.html

Who could read this letter and lack motivation?

I think that fixed it - there shouldn't be any spaces between the brackets and img codes.

P.S. Now that I've read it - aw, that is so sweet!!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a great letter! I know you'll keep it handy for those days when you need that little bit of extra motivation. Your son sure knows what's important in life, as do you!
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Oh that's a very special letter, so full of love, what a keepsake to have. Well done to you and Josh
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Here it is as text:

Dear Dad,
    I hope you do a good job loosing weight. I’ll cheer you on. I hope you feel a lot better as you do so. That’s a good way to live a good, long healthy life. You’ve done a very good job and I want you to keep it up. I hope you feel happy as you loose all that weight. I want you to be proud of yourself and keep it up. I feel happy when I excersize. That makes me feel so, so, so, so very good. I like being healthy and strong. I like doing what I’m doing. I’m proud of myself for doing so good (he’s lost 58 pounds since he graduated high school in 2010). I’m even happy I have my new treadmill. I also want you to have a very good Valentines Day. That’s a special day. You are my Valentine. You’re a nice one. I love you so very much. You’ve been a nice dad. I hope you keep that up too. I hope we may visit today. I love visiting with you. That makes me feel so, so, so, very accompanied. I like talking with people, especially my loved ones. I like watching TV with you. I love being with you. I hope you had a good workout today since it is Valentine’s Day. Do a good job at work. Work hard as you always do. I’ll be praying for you as I always have. You always work hard and that’s something to be very proud of. Even though you start nonsense, you’re a very nice dad. That’s what I love about you. You’re a very, very, very, nice, loving, friendly, jovial and pleasant dad. I hope you will always bee. Have a very, very, very great Valentines Day.

From Josh

What an awesome letter! Made me tear up. Way to go Dad, (and Josh for getting healthy too!!) you can tell you are a great role model for your son. He looks up to you. Keep re-reading it, lots of love in that letter and tons of motivation. I like how you start "nonsense" ... lol very cute!!
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    That brought tears to my eyes...what a wonderful support system you have!