Ive just started today

Options
Hi everyone

Ive just started today, Im excited. Im just wondering if its okay if i have too much protein today and less tomorrow, Ive never used this before but then i also not often have meat for lunch and supper, I live in South Africa , i would love to have someone to motivate and to help keep me motivated. I have almost 40 kgs to lose.
Thanks

Replies

• Ally8809
    Ally8809 Posts: 7
    Options
    H!

I'm new too joined yesterday…feel free to add me!
  • leisa6776
    leisa6776 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today, more then welcomed to add me :)
  • saralwiley
    Options
    I just started today, too! Good luck everyone!
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome all...feel free to add me. I wish you all luck in your journey...MFP is a GREAT place.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay within your macros, you will be fine.
  • kevingarbs
    Options
    I just recently started myself. feel free to add me as well. nice to meet everyone!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It is perfectly okay to go over on your protein today!! Look at it as an average per week. Actually MFP sets the goals for protein a little low so I try to get at least the minimum everyday and I go over quite often which is fine.

As long as you stay within your calorie goal, I wouldn't worry too much about the macros for now.

Welcome to MFP!!

Sending you a friend request.
  • becca53088
    Options
    Welcome!! Stick with this app/website--it will REALLY help a ton! Feel free to add me anytime :)
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. This is a lifestyle and you will make adjustment, so some days you will be high with protein and other days low. But remember you have tomorrow to correct the intake and adjust. I've been on MFP for 450 days logging daily, adjusting, supporting and answering or looking up the answer for my pals if I can. We support each other, it makes the community work. Good luck on this amazing journey.
  • aliciawolbeck
    Options
    hi everyone, im a new mother to my 4th child and just started this program today. I hope to shed some weght and start jogging again soon :)
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    HI! Add me if you want! I'm fairly new too!
  • aprilpieger
    aprilpieger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am just joining today too! Feel free to add me. Still trying to figure out how this site works :) Good luck! April
  • C_Unique
    C_Unique Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello! I am not new to fitnesspal but as of today I am going to be consistent!!
  • JudyNana4
    Options
    Good for you! The great thing about this programme is just keeping track of what you eat. It makes you think differently about what you put in your mouth. At this stage of the game don't worry too much about what you are eating because it will become to overwhelming. If you keep track and have set goals to number of calories and can do that the breakdown in terms of protein, carbs etc aren't important. The important thing is feeling relaxed and noticing a difference on the scale in a week's time. Remember you are a great person and have made a decision to make yourself healthier and it will take time. Enjoy the journey!
  • tere2ov
    tere2ov Posts: 8
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I just restarted today :smile:
    Feel free to add me. I could use motivation myself; and I have found that sometimes the best motivation for me is that which I give others first! I would love to help anyone in anyway I can!
  • tere2ov
    tere2ov Posts: 8
    Options
    Ditto! Good luck, this time we CAN do it!
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi newbies :) I have had great results with mfp! Feel free to add me!!
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just joined today after an old friend told me about her success here.. Good luck to us all!
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    hello! i started a few years ago and then re-started last month. anyone can feel free to add me, i love to motivate. as far as protein, it is ok for you to go over a little and especially if you are doing heavy cardio that day. it is ok to go over on anything on occasion. the important thing to remember is this is a life style change and it wont happen over night! good luck to everyone! :smile:
  • Heatherly777
    Options
    Hi I am fairly new to this as well and so far I love it and it is good to have friends to keep us motivated