what is wrong with me?!

Options
I work out, I drink a ton of water, eat my calories, 1500-1700 a day, higher protein, lower carbs...I lose nothing. I called my Dr. Today to hopefully get my thyroid checked as that runs in my family. Just needed to vent! Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey Lorilone- If you haven't yet, I recommend checking out "road map" threads like this one:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0?hl=road+map

Also, I recently bought a food scale (Oxo, love it) and weigh everything (except liquids) that doesn't come in a pre-measured serving size. I think weighing helps to ensure calorie tracking is accurate. Also, when I eat out, I try to choose options where there isn't a lot of guesswork re: ingredients/nutrition info.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :smile:
  • Phythisisa
    Phythisisa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have an under-active thyroid, but it is properly medicated now. I think I put on weight just before it was diagnosed and have had a struggle to lose that extra weight. But. . . . Yes, I have had this problem all my life. People wonder why I am so fat. I eat no more than 2000 calories even when not dieting, When I was younger , I used to be very active and fit, but I don't lose weight. Start weighing your portions, note down EVERYTHING you eat and make sure that you walk each day. I would also reduce your calories to 1500 or the lowest minimum you can tolerate. I am disabled now and cannot do much exercise, but this plan works. Just make sure you count everything. If you find you are going over, sometimes a reduction in portion sizes works wonders.
  • Phythisisa
    Phythisisa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A lot of the newer digital scales will weigh liquids too... Good Luck.