Why do my legs tire so quickly?

Options
It seems my legs give out way before the rest of my body does. Esp doing things like jumping jacks, jumprope, squats,,,etc

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Because you are not yet fit and have the strengh and endurance that will come if you keep on working it....:flowerforyou:
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Once you become stronger , your legs will too, that said my sister use to complain about her legs, feeling weird/tired, I told her to get her Thyroid checked, that can be a symtom, and yes her Thyroid was out of wack and she needed meds for it..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    They aren't conditioned or you're not fit enough yet. But stay consistent and it will happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OMG... I can do the elliptical for an hour but after 25 jumping jacks my calves are burning. Must just be different muscles at work. It'll get easier.
  • agrant85
    agrant85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, friend....same way :)
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    OMG... I can do the elliptical for an hour but after 25 jumping jacks my calves are burning. Must just be different muscles at work. It'll get easier.

Same here, I do the elliptical all the time, but after 3 hours of climbing up and down a ladder this weekend my thighs are sore as hell. It's all in which muscles you're using and how conditioned they are.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    My legs want to give out quickly during a workout even after exercising regularly for several months (3-4 times a week at first then 5 days a week for the past 4 weeks). I've found that if I warm up slowly for about 5 minutes, then go to a higher level of workout and just press through the initial fatigue, my legs recover and I can complete the workout. Usually they recover by 5-10 minutes into the more intense workout. If I'm doing cardio, I walk for the first 5 minutes before I try to jog / run. If I'm doing strenght training, I warm up on the treadmill for 5 minutes before trying to lift anything with my legs. Same goes for jumping jacks or whatever - walk or ride a stationary bike for 5 minutes to warm up. If the fatigue is still there, you might want to consult a trainer to see if they can help you build strength and enduance. Seeing a doctor isn't a bad idea either if it continues.
  • eddierichardson73
    eddierichardson73 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started walking 3 weeks ago. Had to start liesurely and am now up to walking about as fast as I can. But I had same problem at first . But be faithfully in your exercise and you will see improvement each day.Good luck!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I recommend finding someplace you can climb stairs - lots of them! Start slowly and add a few flight each week. You'll see big improvements in both your cardio capacity and your leg muscles' endurance.

I climb about 100 flights a day. It about killed me when I started, but now I have no problem! :smile:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    could be lack of protein if you up your protein by a huge deal your muscles don't hurt as much. Some of it may be just they are getting more developed too once they get super developed they won't hurt so bad.