Ive just started today

Options
2»

Replies

• TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    It's tough to have the macros balance out daily. I try to make sure it balances out for the week. Also, you can manually adjust the macros (percentages) of the protein/carb/fat instead of using the MFP default. I think most on here feel MFP's carb goal of carbs is too high. If you don't know about BMR and TDEE, research those.

If anyone wants a motivation partner, please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Welome, losing weight is all about balance diet and exercise! Add me if you like!
  • su3661
    su3661 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have started today too! Although have tried myfitnesspal before - I need to lose half a stone & just get a bit fitter too. Hurt my back in January and have felt my age in my body but still think I am 18 - not a good combination!

Feel free to add me & we can help each other!

Su
  • claudie1981
    Options
    Wow, Thank you everyone for such good advice and encouragement. Ive added quite a few of you's and i hope we can encourage each other and make this journey a great one!
  • TheSkinnyMe2013
    Options
    I'm starting out today as well. I'm actually starting over... Lose weight, gained it back... Ready to lose again. GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - I am finishing my first week today -
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing this a short while myself....feel free to add me! I found it over whelming at first when I started tracking everything...You won't figure it out overnight, it takes time. It is very eye opening to see where your calories come from and for me sugar was a big one that I struggled with... Give it time you will figure it out.. And yes it is ok to go a little over....especially if you are working out hard...just try to balance it out over time....
  • brni82grl
    Options
    Hi I've just joined today too! I'm excited and nervous both to start this long journey ahead of me. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Any of you can feel free to add me! I have been on here since July of last year and would gladly help you out if I can.
  • Sieden76
    Sieden76 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I added you
  • wayson5
    wayson5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome! My daughter (18 year old) and I just joined Saturday. Coincidentally my eldest daughter lives in Zambia, Africa. SHe tells me that since she moved to Africa, she misses the junk food especially Chik filet!!
  • Dishinitdown
    Options
    I've also joined recently and just wanted to comment that the support I've read from everyone here is incredible. Good luck on the journey!
  • cmoskovitz
    cmoskovitz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just came back today, too, after a little MFP hiatus. Good Luck!
  • vistajay
    vistajay Posts: 2
    Options
    My wife, teenage daughter and I just started today as well. Modest goals at first: lose ten pounds and reduce belly fat. Battling the afternoon snack urge at the moment; as planned dinner will get me to 150 points of my daily allowance, leaving just enough room for a glass of red wine. :)