Exercise or not? Feeling under the weather and unmotivated.

Options
I am feeling sluggish and a little sick today, I have been walking and hiking and only allowed myself one rest day mainly because of my knee hurting. I normally look forward to and love the exercise but today I am just struggling to get going. Part of me just wants to take it easy and just consume less, but I am feeling guilty and worried I will get back into bad habits again. Usually on days like this I don't want to eat and then end up overeating at dinner time. What are your suggestions, is my body telling me it needs a break? Or should I get up and go anyway?

Replies

• jaymesjourney
    Options
    I'm feeling the exact same way today!

I'm still going to do at least 40 minutes of cardio. In the words of Elle Woods, Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people dont kill their husbands!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you to rest, then rest. If you are just unmotivated, go do it anyway. :happy:
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You could always try something low-impact, like yoga or pilates. That's typically what I go for when I'm feeling sluggish or under the weather. I believe you can find level 1 of Jillian Michaels's Yoga Meltdown on YouTube, and it's only 30 minutes long, so it's easy to get through.
  • jemrie
    jemrie Posts: 25
    Options
    I think I will just get out there and walk, its so beautiful today and it seems a shame to let it go to waste. I will just walk up to the subway and get lunch it's a three mile round trip. Who knows maybe I will perk up! Thanks for the replies everyone.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I think I will just get out there and walk, its so beautiful today and it seems a shame to let it go to waste. I will just walk up to the subway and get lunch it's a three mile round trip. Who knows maybe I will perk up! Thanks for the replies everyone.
    I think that's an excellent idea. Enjoy the walk!
  • jemrie
    jemrie Posts: 25
    Options
    So feeling tons better after walking! Must have have been purely low motivation! Have a great day everyone!