Today's NSV- What's yours

Options

Replies

• FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Everyone's NSVs are great! Love seeing progress outside of weighing in!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just started this new journey on March 24 and today is the first time somone said 'you're losing weight aren't you?' makes me want to got home and workout!!!! :smile:
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well after a really rubbish weekend where I drank and ate too much and put on 4lbs.... I got out today and ran Week 5, Day 3 of c25k (the first full 20 minute run without any walks) and then I went to the gym and did another hour there. It's made me feel a lot more positive than I did on Sunday evening :)
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A girl at work asked me if I was losing weight! It was a really great feeling! Before we went on holidays we were both encouraging each other - I know she's on weight watchers and training for a marathon so its nice to be open and honest with someone else about dieting and exercise!
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Today, I realized that I have exercised every single day for a month straight! Every. Single. Day.

Nice 'record' to start if I do say so myself!

I started on March 24 and have excerised every single day as well, it actually feels great when I workout.
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A colleague kept a door open for me today at work and said "I don't need to open it as wide anymore."
    It made me smile. ????
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend (whom is a normal weight) says how I have inspired him to become more active and healthier. :) Also, my size 12 jeans that used to be tight as heeelll on me, no longer fit, they slide off. Pretty sure I can get into a size 10 now! :D
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I saw a friend this past weekend that I hadn't seen for years and she did not recognize me!! She then saw my husband and said...well...let's just say she was surprised!
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    There areso many great victories here!! We should take more time and effort to celebrate our successes! Keep up the outstanding work everyone!!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I went to a Wine & Brew Fest over the weekend...we live in a small town so pretty much everyone in town was there. I heard several people pay me compliments, but the best was knowing that one of my girlfriends went up to my husband and said "your wife looks freakin' hot!!!" that was great!
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my son this week end. He purchased a house a year ago. When he bought the house, I went to visit and met his neighbor. The neighbor had a long conversation with me about my gardening ideas for my son's house and what he should do about his yard. I helped make him make a garden plan. I had not seen the neighbor in a year. I am now 30 pounds lighter and my shape is very different. Yesterday, while in my son's garden, the neighbor came out on the deck and commented how much he had enjoyed meeting my son's mother. I sort of looked at him oddly and asked, " you mean you enjoyed meeting me?" The neighbor blushed and said, "Oh, are you his Mom? You look so much.....(now he blushed more). I just laughed and said, " thinner? Healthier?" The much younger neighbor just chuckled and exclaimed, "Yeah!!!" It was a great NSV moment!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    It's more of a NSV yesterday... I did W4D1 of the C25K. I didn't think I could last becaues it consisted of 3 and 5 minute jogs with some walks in between. But I was amazing how much I could really push myself!
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I actually had two over the weekend. 1) My hairdresser said it looked like I lost weight 2) My husband goes to me " Your butt is really shaping up nice" That just made my day
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!!!
  • MeriLeMay
    MeriLeMay Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was really tired and hot last night, almost skipped the gym but decided to go and a little time on the elliptical. I kept at it and ended up doing 15 more minutes on it than I wanted to because I felt so good doing it. Finished the night up with some weights. 3 months ago I would have stopped at 5 minutes and left.
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was at the store looking at some capris to work out in. I automatically grabbed a Large out of habit, bought them, got home, and could not keep them up. They were huge! What... NO WAY??? I have to return them for the medium. This was a huge NSV for me. I haven't been able to buy anything but L and XL for the past couple of years. I caught myself doing this the other day too. This time I was looking out work out tops and I went for the L, but had to stop myself. I don't wear a L/XL anymore. Grabbed the medium, tried it on and it fit great. :)
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My trousers fell down whilst I was hoovering!!!!

ROFL!
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A couple:

* Today I jogged (with some intervals of running) for 30 minutes straight - the longest I've ever gone faster than walking pace without a break. And didn't feel sore or exhausted afterwards.

* Just before Christmas I splashed out on my first proper sports bra - one of the steps in being serious about really getting into exercise this time. In the last week I've noticed that it's become too big.
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    I had a pair of jeans that fit while I was standing, but cut really uncomfortably into my belly when I sat down. They're now comfortable enough to wear all day!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    I can fit into my denim skirt for summer - for the first time in nearly 5 years, and.... I no longer have cellulite on the backs of my legs!! I've been plagued with it for years and it's just gone, so happy!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!