Boston marathon finish, what happened? explosions...

Options

Replies

• briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Where did we as a Country go so wrong? What could someone possibly get out of killing/injuring innocent people?
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Every news outlet is reporting something different. Your article says inside a hotel, MSNBC is saying inside the public library.... It's a terrible thing to happen but y'all just calm down until someone gives an official word.
    We know there were explosions(s) and people were hurt and atleast three dead(per Boston police)
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There must be a lot of MFPers who are there right now. I hope every one's okay. :frown:
    my thoughts exactly

Ditto.

The waiting is the hardest part....
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Waiting to hear from a friend who was running today. :( How awful!

I pray your friend is OK and everyone else possible for that matter :( So sad
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Every news outlet is reporting something different. Your article says inside a hotel, MSNBC is saying inside the public library.... It's a terrible thing to happen but y'all just calm down until someone gives an official word.
    We know there were explosions(s) and people were hurt and atleast three dead.

We know there were explosions. yes.
  • TheWinman
    Options
    An unexploded device was found at a hotel.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    my mom is there right now... (and finished a half hour or so ago)
    thankfully, i am in contact with her, but i am so nervous now.

Glad to hear you're in contact with her and she's ok!
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with people? :(
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have friends there too, I heard about it a few mins ago, doesnt look good!!! :(
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is there, luckily they finished the race before the explosions and was on their way back to the hotel. My heart goes out to everyone there, this is really scary!!
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What a disgusting and cowardly act.

I'm guessing it won't be long before contact becomes impossible, if it hasn't already. The cellular network won't be able to handle to massive amount of increased traffic that is hitting it right now. Hopefully everyone hears from their loved ones soon.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I am...just...there are no words.

I cannot imagine what these people are going through, as well as the families of all the runners who aren't there (and the ones that were). And the spectators that were right there and...wow.

Sometimes the world we live in terrifies me. This is one of those times.
  • katerinajulia
    katerinajulia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    my mom is there right now... (and finished a half hour or so ago)
    thankfully, i am in contact with her, but i am so nervous now.

Glad to hear you're in contact with her and she's ok!

update: she literally just texted me and asked me what it was...
    she finished maybe 15 minutes before she heard the explosions
    this is so nerve-wrecking :(
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Absolutely horrible and tragic!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    made the mistake of clicking the previously posted link to the twitter picture, please give a warning next time! wow...horrible!!!!! was not expecting to see blood and people on the ground :( so sad!!!!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :indifferent: :noway: :noway: :indifferent: :noway: :noway: :indifferent: :noway: :noway: :indifferent:
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine is there, luckily they finished the race before the explosions and was on their way back to the hotel. My heart goes out to everyone there, this is really scary!!

Glad to hear your friends are safe!
  • TheWinman
    Options
    reports from a race official:

In the VIP section at the finish line, the area that was affected by the blasts, there were Newtown families there.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My prayers are with those involved and their families who are waiting to hear from loved ones. Just how awful.
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a disgusting and cowardly act.

My thoughts exactly. I hope justice is swiftly brought to the cowards who perpetrated this act . Sick and so sad that we live in a world where events like this are becoming more and more common.