The calorie trail

Options
How long does it take, lets say, 300 calories from a piece of pizza to register with your body and that you've overeaten by having it? Does it show up on the scale the next day? In two or three? Does anyone know?

Replies

• PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have always heard not the next day but the day after that.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    One piece of pizza doesn't necessarily mean you have overeaten, unless you go over your calorie goal I guess. But the water retention from the sodium from it usually shows up the next day.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    meh, it was only one slice, forget about it and move on. If its really bothering you, go for a brisk walk and burn some of it off. no biggie
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    One piece of pizza doesn't necessarily mean you have overeaten, unless you go over your calorie goal I guess. But the water retention from the sodium from it usually shows up the next day.

^^This^^

As long as you stay under your TDEE (and above your BMR), you won't gain.
  • sarahkalt88
    sarahkalt88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PIZZA! I will eat clean all week long so I can eat pizza and drink beer on friday nights. It reminds me of being a kid again (except its beer instead of pop). Don't take the joy out of eating for yourself or you'll end up not eating at all. Which is really counterproductive. Just accept you ate it and move on. No sense in stressing about something you can't change.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The pizza was just an example. I didn't eat any pizza...lol I just want to know how long it takes for the body to register calories once consumed.