Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We should all be ashamed of our selves honestly. People just lost their lives, their limbs, their loved ones and we are arguing over maturity. Really? What a waste of our time. Maybe we should take a second to wish good things on the victims from today and forget our differences. Forget what forum this is in and realize it is just a way for us to send love to our fellow athletes and anyone on here who may have been affected so if they come online they can see they have support.

^ I second this!!!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    To bring some sanity back to this thread:

Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

- Patton Oswalt

I don't have an applaud gif that's big enough for this post.

Thank you for sharing this.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Lame!!!
    I was just in my first 5k this weekend... makes me sad :'((
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

- Patton Oswalt

Very well said
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Blessings to all those affected. And Thank You to the first reponders and citizens who helped out.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    this is just so sad..
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

To some people wishing "good things" and "sending love" is a waste of time. I mean, it really doesnt help anyone if they arent close and you can talk to them or something. I doubt an anonymous post on an internet forum saying "ill pray for you" without any meaning behind it will be a comfort. If it is then great.

There is nothing wrong with expressing humanity in the face of tragedy.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

- Patton Oswalt

Great perspective. You get all of my applause today, Reddy!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

" There is nothing wrong with expressing humanity in the face of tragedy. "

No there isn't. I didn't say there was

Try it.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

- Patton Oswalt

Bravo.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Amen to that... it does not make sense to me why someone would do this...
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    just horrible!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

- Patton Oswalt

Thank you for sharing these powerful words. Well said. I live in Boston and this hits home for me for sure.
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Prayers and thoughts going out to all those hurt at the Boston Marathon. An attack like this is terrible at any time and to have it during an event dedicated to being healthy is surreal.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    the world has officially made me sick ....I can;t understand what these crazy people think, disgusting
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    this thread is about humans having compassion for other humans, and we have *kitten* in here asking how it relates to fitness and how our "sorry's" aren't going to do anything.

my thoughts are with people in boston. i have a few people from boston on my friendlist, and i am genuinely concerned.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

- Patton Oswalt

A commendable reminder of true humanity.
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am praying for all the victims and witnesses of the bombs!!!
  • fireflye38
    fireflye38 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected today by the cowardly acts of terrorists.

best wishes from me and the other blokes here at my fire station
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    This is a tragedy, and it can be discussed wherever any members feel fit to discuss it.