Saggy Skin? eww

Options
Hiya everyone!

Im pretty new to this and SO excited to start my new way of living :-)

Basically i just wanted to ask has anybody got any good exercises or tips on how to prevent saggy skin?
Im REALLY worried that once i start to loose weight i will get saggy and loose skin?

Thanks in advance

Marianne xXx

Replies

• NatashaWhowantstoknow
    Options
    From my understanding strength training will help minimize it but if you have a lot of weight to lose I doubt if you will get away with not having any. Drink plenty of water, and make sure to take care of your skin especially moisturizing and sun block. I think I am going to buy a firming lotion just to help it out a little bit.
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answer!
    Yes ive heard Jergens skin firming lotion is supose to be great.. ;-)

xXx
  • halexandra
    halexandra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, not many people have a big problem with this! Unless you're losing an incredible amount of weight at a fast race, your skin will adapt to the changes. Definitely add strength training and the muscles you get will also help fill out some space so your skin won't sag. I wouldn't worry about it too much :)
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The saggy skin problem is very real. The reality is some have stretched the skin at the midline by 10" or more. I am not going to sugar coat it. That is quite a lot (I had to get over it) so I suggest you learn to live with that. Living a number of extra years is a lot better than a bit of loose skin. How well the skin comes back is a function of your age, where you tend to hold fat, and how long you have been overweight. You can goop all the stuff on you you want, but it will not make a great difference. The people that have the best looking skin after a large weight loss seem to hold the fat above their midsection.

Keep at it, and good luck in the journey.
  • chelseasunrise
    Options
    Before I was pregnant and lost weight I had some loose skin on my stomach. I found that nothing seemed to work to make it any tighter. Now that I've had my son it is 10x worse after slowly making it closer to my pre-pregnancy weight. I had never heard of that firming product you had mentioned though. I guess there is no harm in trying. I think it depends on the elasticity of your skin as well.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    EAT dont starve and do not lose weight too fast and Lift weights. if you had to choose saggy skin or muscles which would you choose? You are still very young though so your skin is more elastic
  • Usa9872001
    Usa9872001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have some kick *kitten* definition in my arms under my sagging skin. Short of having it surgically removed, I am not sure how much more I can do about it. I am just going to keep on lifting!!
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-) x