Very new to the site. :)

Options
So, I figured I would introduce myself since I'm fairly new to this site. This is new to me and I've never really opened up about my weight, but I figure if I'm going to do this I might as well.

And so, this is my very first day to my body change. Yay. Right now I'm about 5'6 and around 250 pounds. For a 20 year old female, that's not the best... Yeah, I hate it. But that's why I'm changing it right?

I've been heavy my whole life. Since maybe 2nd grade. And I've been made fun for it for as long as I can remember..

Using the calorie counter I looked up random stuff that I've eaten and I was greatly surprised at how bad a lot of it is. So I am so grateful for this site.

Right now my goal is to reach 200. Baby steps, right? And then my ultimate goal is to be around 160. I like being curvy but this is a little much.

I'm so ready to make a change in my life and I hope I can stick to it. I'm really good at not sticking to things so I'm really hoping I can with this though.

And finally, if you've taken the time to read this thank you and I hope we can be friends. :)

Replies

• earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I too started at 227 lbs at 5`6........since Ive been on MFP ive lost 27 lbs............my goal is 160, so i have a way to go but im determined!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    good for you! yes. being honest about what you are eating & learning the calorie & nutrition count is key. good job on recognizing it. take 1 day at a time. you can be successful, 1 day at a time. you are great. add me as a friend if you like.
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well this is the right step in the right direction. Just jump on board, it may be slow to come off but it stays off x try and eat healthily and exercise... The rest will happen naturally x you will get loads of hints and ideas here xxx you can be friend me... I seem to of been here forever xxx
  • Seraphemz
    Seraphemz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its all about the first step!!! Stay strong and stick to it, its tough but its going to be worth it.
  • breezylou2
    breezylou2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I currently weigh 239. You're welcome to add me to your friends if you would like. I find having friends on here makes it easier to stay on track and more fun too.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    It can be a shock when you breakdown what you eat. Just take it day by day, log everything, and if you're under you'll start losing. Simple. You obviously have a really great attitude and realistic goals. Good luck to you!
  • Asherie_5
    Options
    You guys are absolutely amazing. And I will definitely add you all! I'm actually surprised with all the positive feedback so quickly. I definitely need more people in my situation to talk to.

And you guys have my permission, that if I start to slack, to kick my butt back into gear and to get going again.

My first day is done and I'm quite proud of myself. Well, I should say my first day on the site. I've been going for a week now. But I think I'll make better progress on here.

I'm so stoked. This is great. Being healthy is totally in my sights right now and I can't wait! Thanks again!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hi! i totally understand how you feel. I got heavy in about 2nd grade and lost the weight when I was 15. In 8th grade I was 192lbs with a BP of 200/120. You can do this! One baby step at a time! Sending FR now :)
  • Asherie_5
    Options
    Yeah, I'm actual very fortunate to have a pretty normal BP of 135/82. I don't consider myself lazy but I'm not as active as I could be and I'm a terrible eater. So, I'm hoping that eating better will bring my weight down. I'm good at at least keeping it steady. I don't yoyo or anything. Basically I'm hoping since I'm good at maintaining my weight that if I lose all the weight then I can keep it down.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight about 5 years ago I started at 270 pounds and lost 90 pounds. I'm 5'7" so this was obviously not good. Then I slowly put on a little weight again but stayed pretty good on track until I lost my job. That put me in a terrible mindset and I gaied weight until I got up to 230 pounds. While not as heavy as I was the first time around it's still a bad place to be.

I started really doing this about 2 months ago using myfitnesspal and that's helped a great deal. My goal had been to start at the first of the year and I was doing good until I got sidelined with the flu for way too long. Now I'm back and keeping motivated.

Good luck with your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.

37422413.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • EqualLove
    EqualLove Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you, we are in the same boat:)
  • mgore0404
    mgore0404 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the website myself, actually just hit 30 days today. It is hard work for sure, but it is well worth it :smile:
    My best advice that I have is to make sure you measure everything !!! I love all foods vegetables meats pastas, and I would over eat on all of it, it has taken me to actually measure everything to figure out what a serving is.....Maybe this is something you can start with. A Food scale and measuring cups will become your best friend.
    Good luck to you, and feel free to add me as a friend if you would like :) I love supporting people on here
    God Bless
  • Will606
    Will606 Posts: 55
    Options
    You cand definitely do this, if you truly want to. Set realistic goals, don't quit if you have a bad day, exercise some, try to eat healthy and stay the course. Good luck to you.