Not wanting to have sexual intercourse

Options
2»

Replies

• 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    WHY DO YOU HAVE TO POST THIS ON MY FITNESS PAL? THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT THE PLACE FOR IT.

Why are you yelling? :laugh:

I see a lot of posts on MFP that are flirtatious, and many others that push the envelope. :blushing: This one doesn't bother me in the least. Human sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. It is normal. And I feel that our emotional well being has a lot to do with our physical well being. The poster is trying to take care of herself, emotionally & physically. Her sexual well being is important and so far, she is getting helpful or constructive responses.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    well... sex doesnt make my stomach turn, however... to me... its like taking out a the trash... a chore, a chore that has got to be done every now and then... i have no other input :)
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    This sounds like marriage to me.

You are married to the wrong person.

OP: please talk about this with your doctor. It could be depression related, diet, hormonal imbalance, any number of things.

Or your ex is a douche and just simply doesn't turn your crank.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    WHY DO YOU HAVE TO POST THIS ON MY FITNESS PAL? THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT THE PLACE FOR IT.

because, aside from depression causes, weight loss can also cause a hormone imbalance that would cause these symptoms related to sexual dysfunction. the op is simply asking if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, how they handled it. if you didnt like the topic, why did you open it???
  • under1star
    Options
    Yes some antidepressants interfere with weight gain and depression Dr Oz had a show a few wks back on 5 HTP which you can purchase them at Gnc. Please do the research....http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/best-natural-anti-depressants?page=4#copy
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yes. I have. Although, I noticed feeling the way you do, was usually because the person I was with was being a jerk. I find it impossible to get in the mood to roll around naked with a man who makes me feel like crap.
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is purely anecdotal from my experience.

I suffered from depression and low sex drive. As I began to lose weight, I also upped my fat intake (boo low-fat) and I noticed a substantial improvement in my depressive symptoms and in turn an increase in my sex drive.

Might be something to look into. I didn't look at your diary before I posted.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The less often I have sex, the less I want it (oddly enough). My advice, start spending a little uuhh...quality time with yourself, DAILY. That's how I boost my drive!
  • Crucifry
    Crucifry Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I see a lot of posts on MFP that are flirtatious, and many others that push the envelope. :blushing: This one doesn't bother me in the least. Human sexuality is nothing to be ashamed of. It is normal. And I feel that our emotional well being has a lot to do with our physical well being. The poster is trying to take care of herself, emotionally & physically. Her sexual well being is important and so far, she is getting helpful or constructive responses.

^THIS^...AND...it's posted under the "SUPPORT" banner. Clearly something you missed. (Yes, that was YELLING.)
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options

Actually, MFP is about all things health and fitness related. This thread is discussing mental and sexual health, and therefore falls within the purview of MFP.

Thus far, in this thread, I have not seen anything that is explicit, vulgar, or inappropriate. Every thread has a topic. The topic to this thread pretty much established the content matter.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken with a therapist? Would probably get a better diagnosis that way via on here. Depression isn't something to take lightly.

^^Absolutely. As someone that suffers from depression, myself, I see a medical professional. If you were taking an SSRI, stopping it without the consultation of a doctor is, at best, inadvisable. I do know the feeling because I felt that way too.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options

^THIS^...AND...it's posted under the "SUPPORT" banner. Clearly something you missed. (Yes, that was YELLING.)

sup·port (s-pôrt, -prt)
    tr.v. sup·port·ed, sup·port·ing, sup·ports
    1. To bear the weight of, especially from below.
    2. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
    3. To be capable of bearing; withstand: "His flaw'd heart . . . too weak the conflict to support" (Shakespeare).
    4. To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.
    5. To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
    6. To furnish corroborating evidence for: New facts supported her story.
    a. To aid the cause, policy, or interests of: supported her in her election campaign.
    b. To argue in favor of; advocate: supported lower taxes.
    8. To endure; tolerate: "At supper there was such a conflux of company that I could scarcely support the tumult" (Samuel Johnson).
    9. To act in a secondary or subordinate role to (a leading performer).
    n.
    a. The act of supporting.
    b. The state of being supported.
    2. One that supports.
    3. Maintenance, as of a family, with the necessities of life.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Untreated depression did more of a number on my libido than any antidepressant ever did. Certain antidepressants are less likely to impact your libido than others, although obviously it varies from person to person. There are also medications that are less likely to cause weight gain. A psych would know what's most likely to work well for you.

Intense exercise, like boxing or heavy lifting, also revs it up for me.
    The less often I have sex, the less I want it (oddly enough). My advice, start spending a little uuhh...quality time with yourself, DAILY. That's how I boost my drive!

This is true for me too. Although I don't, erm, boost it daily, since I'm in an LDR and a dormant sex drive is currently convenient.
  • Mavrick7a
    Mavrick7a Posts: 1,353
    Options
    @chunkydunky - Thank you for sharing your concern, along with the majority of view expressed on this thread. This board is titled "Motivation and Support" For many MFP members, their motivation for losing weight is to look and feel better about themselves. It sounds like you are feeling confused and somewhat dispondent. "why should I lose weight" or "how can I feel good about myself"
    1. First love thyself! There is some truth, expressed above, related to "self-pleasure" Feel good about yourself and know that you have special talents and/or abilities.:heart:
    2. Surround yourself with people that care about you and are interested in your needs.
    3. See your doctor. It is never good to skip your meds. If you are losing weight, it may also affect your dousages.
    4. Ignore the negativity.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    well... sex doesnt make my stomach turn, however... to me... its like taking out a the trash... a chore, a chore that has got to be done every now and then... i have no other input

How sad :(
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Uh...nobody asked u so STFU
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I dont know whats wrong with me...

Background: Depression (stopped taking pills due to weight gain) so its possible im still depressed....seeing my ex-boyfriend but not officially "together"; just tryin to work things out, the thought of sleeping with him or anyone makes my stomach turn. I have absolute no desire for it. WTF? This isnt healthy for any relationship or myself for that matter.

Has anyone battling with depression every felt this way before? Or maybe those who are insecure as well? Im thinking it might be both.

I have seasonal affective disorder, and I can say that I DEFINITELY was much less willing to have sex when I was extremely self conscious after having gained a lot of weight. I was 240ish and even though my fiance thought I was beautiful, I sure did not. I'm down to about 203 now, and I'm okay with my body. I don't love it, I barely like it, but I don't hate it anymore, and so we're back to having sex at least 1-4 times per week (especially now that the weather is getting nicer!).
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I thank you all (well almost all) for the endless support. Its been a rough road and I agree professionial help is needed! This time I wont quit.

I can see im not the only one on the planet that has expierienced this. Its been totally out of the norm for me not to have ANY interest. Crazy. I just want to love and be loved the right way. Ugh.

Until then......

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • melmel5555
    melmel5555 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Why did you open this thread then? :angry:

Ed Zackley!!

Thanks for saying this, I was thinking the same thing...:explode: