Calling All Ladies With Sleeves... of the Tattooed Variety

Options
shutupandlift13
shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
Let me see them!

I have been going back and forth about getting one and I think I have decided to finally get one as a reward when I get to my BF% and goal weight.

I also have some questions...
Did you get it before or after your weightloss... or during for that matter?
Did you get it before or after your wedding?
What has the response from people in your workplace been like?
What do your children think of it?
What do men or women think of it?

I personally think they are so badass, I just always worry if I have the personality/body to really rock it.

So yeah... show me your sleeves, please!

Replies

• BiggJim38
    BiggJim38 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I would say you have the guns to rock one. My opinion anyway.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Let me see them!

I have been going back and forth about getting one and I think I have decided to finally get one as a reward when I get to my BF% and goal weight.

I also have some questions...

I personally think they are so badass, I just always worry if I have the personality/body to really rock it.

So yeah... show me your sleeves, please!

Both...mine has been a work in progress for 7 years...long story short I got scratched and have been working on fixing it this last year...

Again both...

I'm a stay at home mom....

My toddler tries to color the unfinished parts and well my son is a teenager...who the hell knows what teenagers really think of anything!

Men or women? No clue!

My sleeve is nautical stars, roses wind and swirls....it's red, blue, black and pink....
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Thank you for the input!

I love the toddler coloring it in... haha so cute!
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Can I post some Christmas Abbott?

3755-christmas-abbott-1.jpg
    Christmas-Abbott-WOD.jpg
    43babf1d7a0100c7a4a86214b9fcc1e0.jpg
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    You can post all the Christmas Abbott you want.

I have a HUGE lady crush on her.

Boy have I got a long way to go before I can get my sleeve... haha.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    OMG I can not wait to get my half sleeve! (I find the full sleeves to be too much...considering i already have a bunch). I think if you have a solid body, with healthy looking arms - they look amazing. I find (MPO) that females who are obese who have sleeves...tend to look "butch". (Sorry to offend anyone)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Wow Christmas Abbott looks amazing. Just watched a video on her. WOW!!! I don't have an arm tattoo although I had a dream last night that I had full sleeves on both arms (LOL)!! I have a complete foot tattoo... now that HURTS!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Here to admire. I don't have a single tattoo, but always wanted some!
  • shutupandlift13
    Options
    Bump in hopes to see more SLEEEEVES!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Debating myself. I love this one:

girl-sleeve-tattoos-wallpaper.jpg

and this...

si_7512965_ddfw9k2h1v_lr.jpg
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    *bump*

I have a few tattoos and I never thought I'd want any on my arms, but lately I'm thinking I may want a half-sleeve. Anyhoo, I want to see some ink, ladies with sleeves! :smile:
  • Greciankoukla
    Greciankoukla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE pece on my back. It will be completed at the end of this month. I started it last August. It starts at the top right over shoulder and down my right back and side, then my right hip and across lower back and then up my left hip and side. It is very impressive, and feminine and goes with the flow of my body.

I have appointments thru spring and summer to start and complete a quarter sleeve on my right arm. It might be over my shoulder and then connecting to my back piece.

I will take some photos so I can post. It's of butterflies, flowers, leaves and vines
  • Greciankoukla
    Greciankoukla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    People ALWAYS COMPLIMENT MY Tatts. Even if they aren't into them, mine are impressive. I don't show them at work, I keep covered.

I also have seen lovely inked brides..;-)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have manyyyyy tattoo's so i'll try to answer your questions!

before! i've lost about 30 lbs and they haven't been warped or anything!

i'm not married, so before!

i have no problems but everyone i work with has tattoos!

be prepared for lots of children to stare and say "mommy what's on her?"

i get a ton of compliments on them! but at the same time i get many rude people being like "why would you do that to your skin" etc...

just make sure you go to a GREAT tattoo artist!
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Debating myself. I love this one:

si_7512965_ddfw9k2h1v_lr.jpg

This is really nice, girls with sleeves look so bad *kitten*. i've always wanted 1 but i don't have the balls to get it. i also like the script writing to the side of a woman's body.. sexyyyyyyyyyy [BRB going to grow some balls now]
  • thebr0kenwriter
    thebr0kenwriter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get a sleeve someday, but I'm trying to finish my "sock" (covering my entire right calf) which already has Ariel and Eric dancing, King Triton enlarged in the background with Sebastian and Flounder at the bottom. I'm going to get some text added to it, as well as Ursula and King Triton's underwater castle or whatever it's called. I've gotten it in pieces, one before I was married (now divorced), and other after. It also wasn't affected during my weightloss.. And as far as comments go, all I've gotten has been positive.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OMG I can not wait to get my half sleeve! (I find the full sleeves to be too much...considering i already have a bunch). I think if you have a solid body, with healthy looking arms - they look amazing. I find (MPO) that females who are obese who have sleeves...tend to look "butch". (Sorry to offend anyone)

I've found that if a woman is going to tat herself up then she has to make an effort to be girly or she will "look butch" no matter what her size.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Nope, Nope, Nope. Sorry, not into the tattoo thingy.
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Moar pix pls <3
  • JayGetsFit
    JayGetsFit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of tattoos and plan on getting sleeved. Just not sure if I want a full sleeve or a half sleeve. A friend of mine drew out my half sleeve a few years back and now I am thinking of adding more to it. Can't wait to actually get it done. I've been waiting until money and weight are right. Lol