How do YOU manage your day to get your Fitness on?

Options
I often get asked a lot how I find time to exercise. My answer is pretty simple, I just have to MAKE time. I go to the gym for one hour a day, 5-6 days a week. I work 2 days a week at a bookstore(to fuel my book addiction) and I run my own Pet Spa business full time. I am also in school(on weekends, every other weekend) to become a certified Yoga Instructor. Between 12:30 and 2pm my day is quite and that is the time that I go. Even though sometimes I'd rather not go, I just do it. Once I start working out, I feel amazing and am glad that I pushed through the lack of motivation. Around 7:30 in the evening I do 30-45 minutes of Yoga at home to wind down and calm my mind.

My fiance and I go to the Farmers Market every Saturday, and spend a couple hours Sunday preparing and stocking the Fridge and Pantry with healthy, ready to grab snacks(like Yogurt, nuts, chopped fruit, veggies and hummus, etc) And we chop up veggies and fruit to be on the ready for the upcoming weeks Dinners. We stock the freeze with a lot of fish and chicken! Then we usually make a good amount of soup for lunches or side dishes with our end of the week produce. Our favourite is Butternut Squash Soup!

I thought it would be helpful for others to see how you manage your time to get in your exercise, and to prepare your healthy meals. It may give those struggling how to manage their time some tips!

Replies

• synnglemommm
    synnglemommm Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make time right after work. I have made exercising part of my daily routine and make a point to exercise and/or going to the gym at least 5 times a week, sometimes 6. But you just have to make it a point to have it become part of your daily routine, like brushing your teeth or taking a shower :)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I work full time and have two kids. I get up around 4:30 to workout M-F, I get on my Saturday in whenever I feel like it. I fix pretty much the same meals every week, so that's not a huge issue for me,
  • drannisaac
    Options
    bump
  • TraceysJourney
    TraceysJourney Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get up and get to the gym at 5 am , i do about an hours work out Mon- Friday, come home get my kids up and ready for school, do a bit of house work and get to work by 8 30 am, i get home around 5 50 pm and my gorgeous husband has dinner on the table ready for me :)
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I work out 3-4 times a week.
    Two of those I do during lunch time at the gym in the office.

The other two I do purposely on a Saturday & Sunday so the wife & kids get to see me work out.
    Hopefully, they will join me regularly one of these days.

BTW, I only do body weights & jump rope.