Help need snack ideas! I'm about to eat oreos!

Options
I have a huge sweet craving right now that needs to be satisfied. I have like 400 calories left.

Replies

• WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'd make me some French toast lol. But nah, have sliced apples with sugar :)
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    a pound of strawberries
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Brown sugar oatmeal with blueberries is what I'm having....yum!
  • nikky731
    nikky731 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    apple and peanut butter
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    they have about 160 calories for three cookies - eat three and then have a piece of fruit or something. (or, eat 6)
  • amber51788
    Options
    I like Salad Pizazzs.. its sliced almonds, strawberry flavored cranberries and pralined walnuts and pecans.. Delicious 30 calories per Tablespoon or Teaspoon? but it helps me..lol I also like sugar free pecan clusters they are so delicious you can't even tell they are sugar free but so yummy and no sugar.
  • amber51788
    Options
    also I LOVE Healthy choice GREEK Frozen yogurt.. they are all good but the Dark Fudge Swirl is yummy and only 100 calories.:love:
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I just had a banana and some almonds. : )

I plan on having a small snack each night after dinner. I work it in. My favorite is 1/2c plain greek yogurt with 1tbsp honey and a dash of vanilla powder. Or an apple with peanut butter does the trick. Occasionally I'll have a granola cereal.

Just learn to switch the sweet craving from something like oreos or ice cream to fruit.

Then when you do have ice cream or cookies it's a real treat.
  • Have a cup of Rooibos herbal tea. It is Chcolate berry flavour. I savour the smell while drinking it and my brain thinks it is getting chocolate without the calories. It is available in all major grocery stores.
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    0reos dipped in peanut butter.... The best. Just had some...smile K
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Banana and chocolate Hazelnut butter. Cereal with bananas. I dunno. Be creative! :)
  • CKS1969
    CKS1969 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to eat frozen grapes. If you pre-ziploc them, you can leave them in the freezer at home or work. I do a lot of baggies at a time.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Eat the oreos.
    Here....I'll eat a few with you *grabs bag*
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oat bars are really good - 100 calories

Also, Nature Valley bars are really good too. It's around 200 calories for both of the little bars in the package
  • tamrod2
    tamrod2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have the oreos if you really want them:happy: but any snack with protien will stay with you longer:drinker:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough can cause cravings.

Here are over 100 ideas for snacks under 100 calories: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin_Bin/view/snacks-of-100-calories-or-less-267198

It's ok to eat Oreos. Get out the amount you are willing to fit into your plan today. Put the rest away before you eat.

If you consider this a short-term diet instead of a lifestyle change, your results are likely to be short-term. Do you plan to give up Oreos for the rest of your life?
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I agree, eat 1 serving of Oreos, you're under your calorie intake anyways.
  • demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    have a cup of cocoa. not hot chocolate, cocoa. with a little bit of sugar or honey & milk. i find that helps my chocolate cravings, and it properly celebrates the blizzard we got in my town this morning.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I would join you but I've already eaten Pepperidge Farms 3 cookies from the variety pack @ 140 calories:smile: