Anyone else suffer from plantar fasciitis???

1235»

Replies

• P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    I got it in December (last year) and it put an end to my running, I had to pull out of a planned 5k and 10k because of it, no exercise for weeks and lots of pain. I still can't run, Doctor has told me to give it up or I'll do more damage. I do spinning now instead, much less stress on my heel. I found stretching it out with a belt in the morning and rolling my feet on a tennis ball really helped. I also got an insole for my trainers when I'm at the gym, which was made to measure by a Podiatrist. I'm lucky in that I don't get any pain unless I run, so while I was gutted not to be able to run anymore, it was worth it to be pain free.

Even though I don't get much pain now I still really stretch well in the morning and before and after exercise.
  • MiniJudy
    MiniJudy Posts: 7 Member
    Nice site for stretching and strenth - thanks!
  • MiniJudy
    MiniJudy Posts: 7 Member
    I've been dealing with PF for a couple of weeks. Kinda brought it on myself by walking too long too fast straight out of a long winter indoors. Add to that I've had both knees replaced. Doc said I'll have to give it a couple of months to see any noticeable improvement (really?!). For now, therapy includes heat, ice, arch supports in my shoes, a 'boot', rolling, stretching and massage. I use the treadmill for only 10-15 minutes, but I can stay on the elliptical (zero impact) for about 30 minutes before the pain is intolerable.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    I have it. Sketcher shape ups help it a LOT.

they don't do **** for working out, but they have very high insteps and a lot of support. my foot and leg pain are way less than they used to be.