Salad Dressing

Options
2»

Replies

• amber0480
    amber0480 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. 45 calories per serving :)
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Olive oil , sea salt, black pepper, fresh lime juice..
  • melaniedelgrosso
    Options
    I put just salt (leave off if you don't want sodium) and squeeze a lime over my salad once per day (I eat about two salads a day and only eat one with oil and vinegar to save calories). It's also easy really easy if you bring your lunch because you don't have to worry about filling and cleaning a container. If I don't use the whole lime, I put the rest in my water. Very good, no calories!
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chattyts
    chattyts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to find some low calorie recipes for dressing as well, so I will be trying the Balsamic with a bit of olive oil and Dijion and fresh garlic. I will play around with it so I can put in the less amount of oil I need. I am not a hugh fan of olive oil, so I get the one with the lighter taste. That is similar to a recipe I got from a friend, but with veg oil. Regarding store bought, I have found some lite Paul Newman dressing that I really like. One of my favorites right now it the Lite Raspberry, I use about 2 tablespoons with mixed spring greens, sliced strawberries, 2 oz of sliced chicken and a sprinkle of walnuts. It is low in calories and I can eat is almost every day for lunch. My husband thought I was crazy to put in strawberries, but once he tried it he liked it as well. I also like the Lite Ginger. I had actually found them by looking up on the internet for the best tasting light dressing and they were both listed.
  • chattyts
    chattyts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Made this today and loved it. Thanks for sharing
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I use
    One tablespoon olive oil ( I use MCT oil )
    One tablespoon vinegar ( white)
    One tablespoon Dijon mustard
    One tablespoon lemon juice
    One large crushed clove of garlic
    One table spoon water
    Pepper to tast (optional)
    Mix together

This is so low calorie and yummy

I made this last night. THANK YOU for the recipe! YUM:love:
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I use
    One tablespoon olive oil ( I use MCT oil )
    One tablespoon vinegar ( white)
    One tablespoon Dijon mustard
    One tablespoon lemon juice
    One large crushed clove of garlic
    One table spoon water
    Pepper to tast (optional)
    Mix together

This is so low calorie and yummy

This!

It's an awesome dressing! I have used it in the past for chicken and such too but it's amazing in a salad!

Sometimes I change up the above a bit of adding in some honey to the mixture.

I also love some olive oil and lemon along with some pepper.

I recently made an amazing dressing by blending up one chopped tomato, 1/4 small onion, salt and pepper to taste, a bit of olive oil and some parsley. Made a great dressing!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    And home made instead of that crap that cost so much money in the stores. I never understood why people buy it, hell I bought it until I educated myself about the dangers of store bought salad dressing.

Please elaborate on the dangers of store bought salad dressing. I am curious and concerned.
  • freebird777
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/skinny-red-wine-tomato-vinaigrette.html

This is my FAV. love it so much. And sooooo easy to make.
  • kloser2kona
    Options

nom nom nom!! yes in the refrigerated section of produce.
  • lavenderphoenix
    lavenderphoenix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is salsa. If I order a salad at a restaurant I almost always ask for salsa instead of dressing. Sometimes I'll toss the salad with a little fresh ripe avocado...that adds back some of the unctuousness you would get from a creamy dressing.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Walden farms has new calorie free dressings! Got them at Walmart
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I often go without 'dressing' and instead fry an egg (fried in a non stick pan sprayed with cooking spray) to over easy and cut it up and mix it into my salad, or I mash a couple of tablespoons of ripe avocado and mix that with my salad.
  • kdoty0305
    kdoty0305 Posts: 15
    Options

Ditto on Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressings. They also have some that are Olive Oil based, which I need since I have an allergy to the other oils. Bolthouse is supposed to be healthier and was recommended by my Doctor. These dressings DO go bad and have a 30-60 day expiration date.

I also like Marzetti's Simply Dressed salad dressings as well...also will go bad w/in 30-60 days.

Both Bolthouse and Marzetti are in the refrigerated aisles.