Hi, Im Brand New :)

Options
Hello. My name is Jenna Strickland and I am 19 years old. I am a college student studying to get my associate degree in Medical Assisting. I have ALWAYS been overweight, but recently it has gotten ridiculous. I am hoping that MY FITNESS PAL can help me drop the weight in a healthy manner! Please feel free to contact me with any tips or advice you have :P

Replies

• lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Good luck with the weight loss!
  • jenna4907
    jenna4907 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks so much! Feel free to drop me a line! :)
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi there and Welcome! MFP is great! Best wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • jenna4907
    Options
    Thank you so much. Feel free to drop me a line :)
  • mragels
    mragels Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey. I started myfitnesspal in February of 2009 and its taken me this long to actually commit to the exercise and food diary so advice is to log everyday this will hold you accountable. Don't wait like I did.
  • PATRICEPHARMD
    Options
    We have the same story. I've been on the site for five days and I love it. It really keeps me on track. I think before I eat now. And if I make a wrong mistake, I know it once I log my food in. It just help you make smarter decisions. And it's free :wink:
  • jenna4907
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! I really appreciate it! I can use all the advise I can get! lol.
  • jenna4907
    Options
    I know what you mean, I loveeeee that everything is logged. I think that it is really going to help me :))
  • blutz
    blutz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started myfitnesspal on my iphone and I love it! It is so easy to use. I am hoping that the support that I receive from other people on this site will motivate me even more. My goal is to lose about 55 pounds. I am focusing on getting below that "200 pound" mark. Ultimately, I would love to lose about 75 pounds total. I just bought a bike and I am going to focus on doing a variety of activities so that I don't get bored. I am doing Zumba, Jillian Michaels, biking, walking and Chalean Extreme strength training. My biggest challenge is my nutrition....I tend to give in too easily to my cravings. I know what to eat and what not to eat I just give in too easily. I actually enjoy working out once I get dressed and get going...it is just sometimes I have to push myself to simply get dressed!!! Does anyone else have this problem?
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    hi! i added you last night, and i'm a 19 year old college student as well. i love this site!
  • gingerra19800
    Options
    welcome!! ur gonna love it here...everyones really great and very supportive!! good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • patti626
    patti626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am brand new too!! So, far everone is so supportive! Welcome and stay committed!! You can do it!