Night Eating Problem

Options
2»

Replies

• FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What works for me is working out in the morning (I don't know why but this seems to help) and eating my biggest protein serving at night.
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I often find nighttime hunger is really linked with habit / boredom. I go with drinking water, chewing gum, put in a retainer or something like teeth whitening strips so that you can't eat while they're in your mouth.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would have the same problem. Except a troll guards my kitchen at night. Sometimes I sneak past and go get 6 Triskets or so that's about 130 calories and that is enough to tide me over til morning. Plus I save calories I eat a light breakfast, substantial lunch, and a lightish dinner. So, I usually have plenty to spare.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I eat all the way up to bedtime. As long as you aren't exceeding your calorie intake, it should be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

this man is correct
  • Gimmeafrappuccino
    Gimmeafrappuccino Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question! I appreciate these tips!!
  • k916and
    k916and Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Google cottage cheese. Very healthy for you and recommended to eat before bed because it keeps your metabolism going.
  • MTGirl4Life
    MTGirl4Life Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I get over the urge to eat by drinking a hot tea mix of caffeine free green tea and cinnamon apple tea (or an herbal tea you prefer). I now tend to look forward to the drink; and I have even craved it at times (just as though I was craving chocolate!).
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would have the same problem. Except a troll guards my kitchen at night. Sometimes I sneak past and go get 6 Triskets or so that's about 130 calories and that is enough to tide me over til morning. Plus I save calories I eat a light breakfast, substantial lunch, and a lightish dinner. So, I usually have plenty to spare.

Where can I get a troll to guard my kitchen?
  • CaseyRenae012
    Options
    I have the same problem because I stay up really late. Also I eat dinner at about 6p.m. and by now I'm always hungry. Since I live on a college campus there's nothing open this time of night, so I just have to eat whatever I have in my room such as: Ramen, crackers, poptarts, jello cups. Not great food but what else could I do?