Before/after photos Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength?

Options
Kandyhar
Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
I finished week 1 of Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and know it is ok for something short and sweet, but am about to incorporate Bob Harper's Pure Burn/Super Strength 3 times a week (hopefully) and do the RI30 when I'm pressed for time.

Compared to RI30, Bob Harper's Inside Out and especially the Pure Burn is basically non-existent on the boards, maybe I'm not searching correctly? Would love any guidance, tips, or success stories from doing his workouts! They look way more intense and I'm guessing the results are much better. Thank you!

Replies

• mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I love Bob Harper's hour long work outs -- I have 4 of them, and love them. I am not sure why they are not more popular on the boards. I alternate between Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, lifting free weights, cardio. Good luck!
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love Bob Harper's hour long work outs -- I have 4 of them, and love them. I am not sure why they are not more popular on the boards. I alternate between Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper, lifting free weights, cardio. Good luck!

Thanks! I have been alternating between his hour long Pure Burn and JM "No More Trouble Zones" you are so right and I was wondering the same thing... there is hardly any, almost zero, feedback on the boards. weird... I'll keep at it though. It's the only video i've seen where even the people in it look like they're dying, haha
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I have three of his, Inside Out Method strength and cardio, then his Ultimate Cardio. Every time I do them, they kick my *kitten*.

I alternate these, as well as Jillian Michaels NMTZ & BFBM, Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, TurboJam , Jackie Warner, and HIIT on days I don't do NROL4W. It's all about the calorie burn.
  • Pisc2749
    Pisc2749 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Count me in as a Bob Harper workout fan. I too was surprised that there weren't more people on the boards using his workouts. They are seriously difficult and effective.

I just ordered 3 more from his website, $5 a piece is a steal. Then I'll have 6 total and can rotate them each day. Although I don't know how I'll be able to do them daily. They are the hardest workouts I have ever done, but they burn a ton of calories in that hour.

His workouts are no comparison to Jillian's, in my opinion. Plus I like him and can tolerate his personality every day.

Also I feel like he's more realistic about what it takes to get in shape. He doesn't try to get you to believe 30 min a day is all you need, he tells you straight out - you need to be in a pool of sweat 4-6 days a week minimum.
  • kel7298
    Options
    ^^^^^agreed
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest....I had never heard of him.
  • wildrose67
    Options
    I use all his biggest loser dvds and his inside out method dvds I love them all
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories the 'Pure Burn' dvd is meant to burn (on average)?

I want to add it to exercise tracking on here, How would I find this out?
  • kel7298
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories the 'Pure Burn' dvd is meant to burn (on average)?

I want to add it to exercise tracking on here, How would I find this out?

If your not using an HRM, I would most likely log it as circuit training.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! I didnt even know he had videos out!! thanks!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of his as well, but am taking a break from them this week. I've seen some good results doing his workours 3 times a week, but time has become an issue of late, so am doing Supreme 90 and will probably alternate between the two going forward. His workouts are HARD. I love that. That said, watch your form, and go at your own pace. There is not enough emphasis on it in the videos, IMO.
  • RenaHope
    RenaHope Posts: 80
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I had NO idea he had videos out. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    :( I have only just started my weight loss journey and have been doing his 20 minute video first thing in the morning and then alternate between the 20mins or 1 hr one every afternoon for a few weeks now, and can feel my muscles burning and it really feels like im losing weight but I haven't!! I have been eating really well, hardly any processed foods or anything! :( I'm still at the same weight as when I started :(
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just received this dvd in the post and have been browsing for reviews.... oh my god, I'm scared now! :laugh:
    Am used to JM, so am reasonably fit, but all reviews say this one is brutal. I might just do the beginners workout this evening, before I move on to the full 65 minutes!
  • Siannah
    Options
    Right, so I did the Beginners workout 2 days ago and to be honest I was disappointed, it was sooo easy. So last night I wasn't sure what to expect for the full workout. But really, there's pretty much only one word to say now, only 12 hours later:

OUCH!
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    I've always wondered about his work outs. Thanks for posting, I'll have to check it out!
  • Siannah
    Options
    I can definitely recommend this if you like strength training, it's mainly weights, squats, lunges and planking. Oh and some abs.
    Did it for the second time this week and it's still killing me! I can do Jillian Michaels with 3kg weights, but for this one I often have to go back to 2kg...
  • kirstyl8
    kirstyl8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm curious to know how your weight loss journey is going? Just remember you're building muscle and muscle weights more than fat! Don't get discouraged! Maybe measure your self and go by that instead of weight :)
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    all i can say about this dvd is don't expect to be able to sit down for a few days!
  • succubaeangel
    Options
    I've done his workouts for about 6 months and I'm never going back. I became overtrained and injured, lost only 2lbs and gave up. The only one I liked and that gave me results are The Biggest Loser dvds. I lost 6lbs in a month doing them 5 days a week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!