Neoprene Waist Wrap

Options
luly727
luly727 Posts: 202 Member
I just bought one last night at Walmart , its Made by Golds Gym and it only cost $5 so I figured give it a try. I have alot of excess & saggy skin on the abds and upper thighs. The thighs I can live with, but the Abds are horrible, Cant afford Lipo and a tummy tuck so figured this might tone it up a bit and train the muscles a bit to be held in..

I put it on last night for a while ( 30 minutes) and took it off before bed. The area was soaked in sweat...

Has anyone used it and results please??

Thxs
Luly

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I have never used that but I can tell you about my experience with my knees....it might work the same. When I first started exercising my problem was my knees. They would be so sore and felt like I wanted to rip my knee cap off to rub them so they would stop hurting. Plus, it seemed like I kept injuring them in the same way every time I did something that required bending them past a 90 degree angle. Solution: I purchased compression knee braces from ****'s Sporting good. They are made from a heavy duty rubber covered with fabric. They helped incredibly. I wore them for every type of exercise including swimming (I looked funny but at least I could do it). Over time as I lost weight what I started to notice is that my knees had more "shape" than even when I was a teenager. I always hated my knees because they were broad and I carried a fat pad on the inside, even when I was thin, but that seems to be significantly better. I am not ashamed of my knees anymore and for the first time this summer purchased a skirt that ended at the top of my knee and wore it for my son's high school graduation with some kick but heels!

So...if a heavy duty rubber (and yes, I have to wash them every time I exercise because they are soaking wet) can do that for my knees I don't see why it couldn't help your waist. At least it couldn't hurt! I have been wondering if I could do something like that for my hips and thighs!

As you say, for $5 it can't hurt!

D
  • ladysw357
    ladysw357 Posts: 43
    Options
    I have a pair of the shorts, for my hips and thighs. Every time I wear them when exercising, they are soaked when I take them off. I have noticed that my celulite isn't as bad (although I still have a LONG way to go in that area)!
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    i have one the same one as a matter of fact lol and i use it every time i do the 30 day shred and all my other exercises and it seems to have worked for me. i cant say i have noticed weight loss but it does make me sweat. i even use it when i walk. i ike it and am glad i bought it i mean for 5 bux it's a good deal!! :happy:
  • suckitup
    suckitup Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I posted something about this today also. I have used it for a few weeks and have seen results. It's been worth it!
  • Duganhorse
    Duganhorse Posts: 55
    Options
    I always heard they dont do much more than sweat out water weight. I think I might have to look into them since you all are having some success.
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I bought one of those too for my abs. I have the worst muffin top ever. Since I've been using the wrap, it has come down tremendously! I would say try it out. For an investment of only $5 and the results, it is definitely worth it.

Although I would recommend that you do not wear it if you're exercising in a high temperature area. For example, run a 5 k or cycle 50 miles in 95 degree weather. They would definitely increase your chances of causing yourself to get overheated and dehydrated since you're forcing the core to work overtime with this thing on.

Ladysw357 - by the way Lady, where did you get those shorts from? I would be interested in getting a pair since my legs are really falling apart with the cycling I've been doing. I have to admit, my legs look like chunks have been pulled right out and the muscles stick out. This has been creating unsightly pockets of fat flab that I would love to just chop off myself. lol
  • samantha115
    samantha115 Posts: 371
    Options
    The first time I heard abouth these belts was yesterday (thanks fata). I now want to go get one, bad. Reall bad.

Thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I bought one today -5 dollars at Walmart.. Yes, I am wearing it now (been outside just doing regular stuff) and it really does make you sweat... I will see if there is a difference next weekend, but for now it seems like a good 5 dollar investment.