quick tip for you 30 shredders

Options
my first attempt of 30DS and i always done my workout in the evenings.

This time around i decided to switch it up and wake up at 5am so i can do it in the morning and the difference is amazing!! Yes Jillian still kicks my butt lol but i have alot more energy and ive now discovered what these endorphins everyone used to talk about after exercise, that high people get lol

After exercising in the morning i feel so happy and alive lol and im in a good mood for the rest of the day, whereas when i done it in the afternoon or evening i felt miserable

:)

Replies

• whizzlers
    whizzlers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I'm on level three and couldn't agree more, it's easier to do in the morning as soon as you wake up than think all day that you have to come home and do it. Xx
  • sastrodder
    sastrodder Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a go!!!!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    how do u get up at 5 am !!! I struggle getting up at 7am for work at 8 lol I wish I could though
  • dancingqueen2013
    dancingqueen2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I might just give this a try. Thanks for tip.
  • AshleighCowie88
    AshleighCowie88 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I can second this - I was previously doing it after work but I read an article which said that exercising in the morning burns body fat rather than the carbs you've eaten during the say so I thought I would try it. It works!!

My weight loss hasn't changed much over the week that I've been exercising in the morning but I feel much better and feel a lot slimmer. People keep commenting on it!
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    Haha I have to get up at 6am for college so I thought the extra hour wouldn't hurt and I can honestly give it so much more effort
    It's amazing!
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I agree. I'm up at half 5 and organise myself for the gym at half 6 then go straight to work afterwards for 8. Feel so energetic. I only started doing that as my gym is so busy after work hours but now I would chosse the mornings to work out regardless.
  • Pinkemi
    Pinkemi Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I always think about doing my exercise in the morning but I like to cuddle in bed before getting up... I'd have to get up earlier then my boyfriend and that alone is miserable. lol He already gets up at 6:30!. But then... I guess if i want it enough then I would do it.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I do mine at lunch time while the kids are asleep or after they have gone to bed as i usually go for a run around 8am. They get up early enough that i seriously couldn't beat them to it and i would hate to be interrupted with them waking up :) However i do love exercise in the morning that's why i make sure i do the run before 9.
  • julyssas
    julyssas Posts: 22
    Options
    I agree that getting up half an hour or 45 minutes earlier is not a bit difference and I've always heard that exercising in the morning is the best. I am definitely trying it.
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im on day 8 of Level 1. Exercise in the morning is better for you, i hear. I was thinking about this. Getting up at 6am feels painful, but f**k it, i'll give it a go tomorrow.
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    4:30am here (I factor in my long commute) and you're positively right! Knocking it out in the morning and I'm energized all day. Like you when I used to work out after work, I'd think about it all day- plus because of endorphines, I'm energized when it's time for bed and with my insomnia, that was bad.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I may have to try this!!
  • puuka
    puuka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I will try this tomorrow morning and try to stick with it :)
  • MuslimahMama
    MuslimahMama Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    yep - op is absolutely right - great feeling of satisfaction all day too, knowing that you've done your fitness.
    I also find it helps me make better food decisions during the day.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    Glad I could help!

It honestly made such a difference to my workout it was unbelievable and makes me feel fab for the day
    X
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I did mine this morning for the first time and, although it was great, you must eat before you do it!
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    Oh really? I always eat breakfast afterwards lol
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Oh really? I always eat breakfast afterwards lol

Okay so maybe it's just me! I thought you were meant to and my body started to agree with me when I started and then felt funny. But I've just read that maybe it's a good thing to work out without eating breakfast first - I am now officially confused!

I am a breakfast addict so maybe it really it just me!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I agree early mornings are the best and the program is supposed to be 20 mins. By the time you have set up and got everything ready you need at least 40 mins.

Good luck with your shredding :bigsmile: