Need to lose 30 lbs in 3 months...HELP!!

Options
I have a teachers conference in October. I will have to wear nice dressy clothes the whole time. Would love to lose 30 lbs in 3 months. Is it possible?? What are your suggestions??

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: 10lbs a month is possible, but it will take a lot of dedication and hard work. You can totally do this, just make sure to log ALL your food and try to get in some sort of exercise every day. Best wishes to you!
  • cowboybrown
    Options
    I have excerised every day usually jogging, I have treated myself once a week and still losing weight, the key is to stay within your calorie goals each week. I have done this for two months now and I have lost 29 pounds so far. It takes a lot of dedication and determination on your part, if you put in the time and work for it, it can happen. You have to really want it, My motto is " Failure is not an option" this lies in your hands. Good Luck to ya.
  • Mookz0r
    Mookz0r Posts: 143
    Options
    That's 2lb a week for 15 weeks, every single week, no plateaus, no slacking, pushing your body to the limit of starvation mode.

Honestly? It sounds unhealthy and not a fun thing to do at all. Life's to short to be doing things that aren't fun. Your body could rebel if you stick it suddenly on 1200 cals and you wouldn't lose the weight you'd set your mind to... would you feel disappointed or devastated if that were the case?

If I were you, I would adjust your goal, take off some of the pressure and find some great clothes that flatter whatever weight you achieve. You will be able to lose weight, of course you will. You'll also be able to tone up and feel better by eating healthily and exercising... but at the end of the day, who are you doing this for? You or them?
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I agree 30 is a little much in 3 moths, my goal is 20 in 3 months and even that is a bit intense. I agree to lower your goal just a little bit so that its more reasonable and attainable, and if you get more than that GREAT but if not you aren't devastated and put all the weight back on.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am living proof that it can be done. I work out (3) days per week (3 hrs total) and I go over my calories time to time, so it really can be done!!!!!!!!!.......................good luck to you! Friend me if you would like.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can be done....some easier for others and not so easy. It really depends on how much you have to loose total---a person who is 100 pounds overweight it would be a lot easier than someone who is just 50. That really should be taken into perspective.

I don't think you should just focus on loosing 30 and then shooting your good habits out the window. I say you should just work your butt off, stay within your cals, and log everything. You are bound to loose some weight, and if its not the 30---you will be more confident!!

Good luck!
  • koriebrownie
    koriebrownie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Atkins. It has such a bad rap. But if you do it as it says it's a great plan for life. And you lose weight quick.
    248210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree that it can be done (although that does depend a little on your metabolism, your starting weight, and what your current diet is like... it's easier to lose if you go from eating all junk to healthy food rather than sort-of-healthy to super-healthy), but I also agree that it's a really ambitious goal, especially considering that most people who work out with this big of a goal will put on muscle, which makes the number on the scale move down slower. (I've been at the same weight for about 3 weeks, but my clothes are fitting *much* looser despite the plateau.) I'd suggest pairing your weigh-ins with measurements (lots of them, not just the 3 that MFP suggests) so you can see the fat-to-muscle progress and compare it to your weight loss.

Good luck!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, it's not impossible but it's going to be hard. I lost 13 lbs the first month but I wasn't working and did 100 miles of the WATP exercises. The second month I lost 10 lbs but had to cut back on my exercising since I got a job, so I only did 70 miles the second month. The pounds do tend to drop off slower the further you get or that's been true for me. At least your off for the summer so you can really pump up the exercising. Even if you don't manage to lose the whole 30 I bet you'll still be happy with yourself by then. You'll probably make up for the pounds with the extra inches you'll lose. Just don't overdo or undereat. It won't do you any good if your not healthy enough to go to your conference.

Good Luck! :smile:
  • jenpellant
    Options
    I think you can safely count on losing about 4 lbs a month, maybe 5. So, I would say you're going to hit the 25 lb mark, but it is definitely possible. I suggest a lot of cardio and watch what you eat. Eat a lot, just eat foods that are going to help you. I also suggest adding in light weights twice or maybe 3 times a week. 5 or 8 lb weights with 3 sets of 12 reps for your arms. Maybe 30-40 lb weights for your legs. When I say a lot of cardio, get your heart pumping for 20-30 minutes on fast walks, runs, cycling or swimming. You'll be amazed. I lost about 30 lbs in 5 months and my main form of exercise was cycling. I also had smaller portions and tried to put more fresh fruit and veggies in the mix. Good luck!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks So MUCH!!! I know i am not the one who posted the question but just from reading the posts I feel all motivated all over again!!!! I am ready to do this!!! :)