High fat diet?

Options
Hey all - I was just wondering how going over a certain percentage of fat in my diet will affect my weight loss. I don't actually log on this site, so I have no diary to look at, but according to my other diary, I stay at the top end of my recommended 33% cap and go over on occasion. Yesterday I had a super hungry day and reached a whopping 46%; this did include going over by 100 or so cals, too. Will this be the culprit for my current plateau? I do Jillian Michael's Body Revolution six times a week. Thanks for your help/advice.

Replies

• EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    What are your over all calorie intake stats?
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    At some point in my diet plan i will be moving to very low carb higher fat and keep the 1g per lean muscle protein level to induce a fat burning ketosis state.. Its just a part of stripping the fat off !!!
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Going over your fat is fine as long as you stay in your calorie limit.
  • Pwrpuff83
    Pwrpuff83 Posts: 92
    Options
    My cal allowance is 1668 (fat 62.9g). I burn about 200 six days a week with my exercise dvd.
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you get your 1g protein per 1lb in body weight, and you can split the rest of your cals as you wish between fat and carbs.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Eating fat does not make you gain weight, eating above your TDEE does.

As long as you are not over your calorie goal, the percentage of your calorie intake that comes from fat does not matter.