• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    480 grams

Anything less is for sissies.
  • bub_snig
    bub_snig Posts: 56
    Options
    35g - Uncle Toby's quick sachets of oats.

Me too, brown sugar and cinnamon flavour yummy! Especially in winter!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Just to be awkward I have 2/3 of a cup when I have it.

I will have to try the slow cooker method!
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Don't even ask! I LOVE oatmeal!
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it much but my just-turned-4 year old eats 1/3 cup with milk, honey and berries, so I'd say 1/4 cup is too little for an adult...?
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do 1/3 cup (dry).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup but I add protein powder, PB2, and almond milk soots much more filling than just a 1/4 of oats.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I use a 1/3 cup in my morning oatmeal but add flax, protein powder and banana so it bulks it up even more.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat a 1.5 cups each morning just about. Often I'll throw in a cup of full-fat yogurt or a diced apple. If I'm not planning on going nuts on sugar the rest of the day I'll put in the apple and 1/2 cup yogurt. Sometimes I'll make the oatmeal with unsweetened light almond milk, but usually water.

This morning I mixed peanuts into my oatmeal, which worked pretty good. A lot of times I'll just mix in peanut butter for flavor and extra protein.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    How many waters do you drink?
    Technically "how much oats" is correct since a unit is not specified or known. If she said "How much/many cups of oatmeal do you eat?" then the correct word would be 'many' in this sentence.
  • dtdam
    dtdam Posts: 20
    Options
    I never really liked oatmeal, used to force it down actually. I recently discovered the steel cut oats and now love my oatmeal. I am definitely in the minority on this topic, I am currently using 1/4 cup with 1/4 cup cherry infused cranberries. It is amazingly delicious. I am full right now (just ate them about 1/2 hour ago), but am uncertain how long I will remain full.
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup or sometimes 1/3 cup. I mix it egg whites and or fruit to make it look like more because the egg whites puff it up and add volume and so does the fruit and or nuts if I don't use my natural smooth peanut butter. I also use a small bowl and use a small spoon to create the illusion of eating more than it actually is.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1/4 dry serving - I add yogurt, fruit, nuts, raisins, etc
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How many waters do you drink?
    Technically "how much oats" is correct since a unit is not specified or known. If she said "How much/many cups of oatmeal do you eat?" then the correct word would be 'many' in this sentence.

The Office reference, not a grammar nazi
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I never really liked oatmeal, used to force it down actually. I recently discovered the steel cut oats and now love my oatmeal. I am definitely in the minority on this topic, I am currently using 1/4 cup with 1/4 cup cherry infused cranberries. It is amazingly delicious. I am full right now (just ate them about 1/2 hour ago), but am uncertain how long I will remain full.
    WANT!!

That sounds amazing. Pics?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup or half cup? i find 1/4 way too small sometimes

That Depends ......

1/4 C. steel cut & 1 cup water

1/3 C instant steel cut & 1 cup water

1/2 C instant (rolled, old fashioned) & 1 C water ..... these are essentially the same calories ......
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat a half of a cup of cooked steel cut oats every morning - add one tsp. of either sugar free jelly or local honey for sweetness. :-)
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    If it's all I'm having I have about 1/2 a cup but if I'm having a little pot of overnight oats with fromage frais and milk then 1/4 cup plus some fruit or couple of eggs
  • dtdam
    dtdam Posts: 20
    Options
    WANT!!

That sounds amazing. Pics?

Sorry, no pics of this, but Ocean Spray makes the cherry infused dried cranberries. They also make a pomegranate infused, they are also amazing. They both have more sugar than the regular dried cranberries. When I eat this for breakfast, it only ends up being 250 calories, which is great for me, because I like to save my calories and eat a large dinner.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I always use 1/2 cup to cook with.