Intake on rest days (for TDEE-20%)

Options
Hey everyone, I'm new to TDEE-20% and would like some input! I am currently doing TDEE-20% but am confused as to how I should eat on rest days. My TDEE was calculated with inputting moderate exercise levels as I lift weights 3-4 times a week and cardio 2-3 times. I have true rest days like today where I worked at my desk for 9 hours, then went to a baseball game. I will do some stretching before bed but otherwise, my activity is just above sedentary on days like this. How will eating 1700-1800 cals on these days affect my weightloss when that is measured for a moderate activity energy output?

Let me know!

Thanks,
Kayla

Replies

• kaylakaminski
    Options
    bump. anyone?
  • vikkistarr89
    vikkistarr89 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to 1200 on these days. Apart from cheat day
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I eat my TDEE -20 on all days. Even rest days.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

i believe this is what you're supposed to do. if you want to, though, feel free to eat a little less. i wouldn't go as low as 1200 though.
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    I can see why it would work in theory. Honestly, I would rather eat TDEE-20% on all days. I have a huge appetite and find it hard to eat under 1300.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    TDEE factored in your overall activity level so eat the same amount each day, rest or active.
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Eat the same cals every day it's all been accounted for
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

This is the correct way...you already factor in your exercise so you eat the same amount every day, even rest days.
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    Thanks guys. You're all so helpful. I am enjoying being able to eat more. I'm still concerned I am not moderately active as opposed to lightly active. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a range of calories burnt through exercise that would give me an idea of which I am?

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs. I lift weight 3-4 times a week and try to do cardio as much as I can but frankly I hate it haha. I burn about 300 cals each workout depending on what it is. But that's the average. Otherwise I have a very sedentary desk job. I set myself to moderate. Is this accurate?
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    Hate to bump - but anyone?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. You're all so helpful. I am enjoying being able to eat more. I'm still concerned I am not moderately active as opposed to lightly active. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a range of calories burnt through exercise that would give me an idea of which I am?

I'm 5'7 and 140 lbs. I lift weight 3-4 times a week and try to do cardio as much as I can but frankly I hate it haha. I burn about 300 cals each workout depending on what it is. But that's the average. Otherwise I have a very sedentary desk job. I set myself to moderate. Is this accurate?

I also use moderate and workout less than you - no real cardio (I weight train 3x a week for 90 minutes and about 600 calories burned each time). i was at lightly active but that was not enough.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You eat the same everyday.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You could just use your TDEE (-20%) as lightly active and then log your exercise calories each time you exercise. Then on rest days you won't have exercise calories to eat and when you exercise you get to eat more.
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    This is a great approach a mix of light and moderate. I like it!
  • kaylakaminski
    Options
    Good to know that most think I'm moderately active though even with my desk job. This summer I will probably be very active! Since I bike to work and I just enjoy being outside doing stuff.