Hello from new member. I'm looking for some motivation/acco

Options
Hi. My name is Chirsty. I have been using My Fitness Pal and really like it better than other online calorie counters I've tried. I really want to get serious about my weight loss. I weigh more than I ever have in my life and I know I need to get back to feeling healthy, strong, and good inside of my own skin.

I have about 60 lbs. (at least) to lose. I would love to make some friends here that are willing to keep in touch, be encouraging, offer some motivation to each other, and share our ups and downs with weight loss.

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! Looks like we have been here about the same amount of time. Feel free to add me if you like, as it sounds like we have similar amounts of weight to lose and support is always a big help!
  • robstella
    robstella Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome I too just joined and think this is also a great site. You know it is what we do everyday is what makes the difference.
    I have 20 lbs i want to loose. And i know we can do this. Just make each day count and treat yourself good. We deserve the great life and the great health.
    You have the power inside yourself and the ability to loose the weight. This is what i tell my self all the time.
  • ladyeloser
    Options
    Hi, I'm Elaine. I just joined today, and I am also looking for someone to share with. I know having someone to get a message from motivates and encourages, or to have someone to sound off to, someone to help you along is great. I am 58, mostly walking for exercise, by myself. I'm hoping we can be friends, to encourage, talk and help each other. How's that sound. Hope to hear from you.
    Thanks, Elaine Fell (ladyeshopper@yahoo.com)
    :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome all three!

Here you can find what you are looking for: supportive friends and a working, healthy program. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • shanlantz
    shanlantz Posts: 1
    Options
    HI Cristy,

I am also heavier than ever, Yuck. I have lost 12 lbs using this site. I actually enjoy the tedious task of reporting what I eat.
    I am in need of another 50 lb loss and hope to be in a little black dress with a great pair of boots by years end. We can do it!!!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    :drinker: hi there and welcome to this great site
  • maggyrose5113
    maggyrose5113 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined this on line group today. I am looking for encouragement and motivation. I am 59 years old and you would think I would know how to lose weight at this age. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  • mab0669
    mab0669 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi! I joined a couple months ago and I'm doing good so far. I've lost 23 lbs using this site to track my calories and my treadmill for exercise. I'm 41 years old and have another 50 or so pounds to go. You can add me as a friend (i'm not sure how this site works other than to track my calories). I'm the heaviest I've been in my life and I just can't take it anymore. Just losing the 23 lbs i'm feeling really good. Little walks don't wear me out anymore. I have 3 grandkids it takes a lot to keep up with them, they're 3, 2 and 1. Like I said add me and we can help motivate each other.
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've got about 60ish to loose myself. Feel free to add me as a friend. I''ve been here for about 2 weeks and it has been eye opening to log what eat. I generally am making better choices when I'm writing it down. This is the first food diary that I've somewhat enjoyed doing.

Good luck!
  • robstella
    robstella Posts: 6
    Options
    :tongue: wow 23 lbs you should be very proud of yourself. I too have 20lbs to loose and need the support from everyone.
    Your doing great keep up the great work. I too am a grandmother of a 1yr old and she does keep me running all day :
    Just keep doing what you are doing i need to get back on my treadmill.