Looking for a lunch wrap

Options
13»

Replies

• Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll give it a try! I'm actually born and bread US but I'm originally from New England so I make weird word choices sometimes. I always claim it's just a regional thing but I haven't lived there in so long I don't know what is actually regional and what are just strange habits I've picked up. The one I get the most looks from is saying bureau instead of dresser.

I'm from Kansas and I say Chickpea. LOL :)
  • SuzieMae78
    SuzieMae78 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    great ideas! I love making my own wraps. I add turkey, laughing cow cheese, spinach, red onion, cucumbers, then for fat I either add EVOO sprinkled with oregano or hummus or avacado.
  • jillian_alexis
    jillian_alexis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These sound good! Bump for ideas!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    .... The one I get the most looks from is saying bureau instead of dresser.

bureau is a new england thing. :-)

I can't speak to fillings, but I have had good luck using lettuce at the wrapper. Any type seems to work and that way I can say my calories for the filling.
  • JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    All sound amazing! Bump for ideas!
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You know those tuna and salmon pouches by chicken of the sea? I get those - they are 90 cals each. I take a wrap and add some spinach, then the tuna or salmon pouch, whichever I'm using, and add some diced onion and red pepper, and a little black pepper or sometiems a dab of sauce - like chipotle hot sauce. It's yummy! Oh and sometimes I add half of a small avacado, that makes it super yummy!
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i make this recipe: http://www.mountainmamacooks.com/2012/10/all-purpose-slow-cooker-shredded-chicken/ and then use it for everything! ~~~OH and i use my kitchenaid mixer to shred the chicken. ~~~~ it's fast and does an amazing job! for a lunch option with the chicken, i like to do something like this: http://pinterest.com/pin/61009769924037955/

or add honey and lime juice to the chicken and wrap it up in a big lettuce leaf with some black beans. then i can eat two, since i don't have to worry about a bunch of extra calories or carbs from a wrap :)
  • sjeffr
    Options
    I'd just like to make a recommendation on wraps. I have always had a problem with the high calorie content in a wrap, it is easy to pack in 300 calories or more in one-two wraps or tortillas. I found some at our grocery store called "Tumaros" brand tortillas, they are only 60 calories, 4 net carbs and delicious! I made one for lunch yesterday with turkey and swiss and it came out to be only 160 calories.
    Another wrap recommendation, I use the Ole Mexican Foods Extreme Wellness Tortillas - Spinach & Herb Tortilla Wraps. They are 90 calories and they are pretty large.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you want to opt for a sweeter wrap try smearing peanut butter on the wrap then adding berries or banana or both and maybe some honey or cinnamon.
  • sjeffr
    Options
    bump
  • ANTWNH
    ANTWNH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You.:smile:
  • kshiraakshara
    kshiraakshara Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make more than 2-3 days worth at a time, but this salad is really good in wraps or pitas.

Indian Spiced Chickpea (Garbanzo) Salad with Yogurt, Lemon, Scallions, Mint, and Cilantro
    http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2008/10/indian-spiced-chickpea-garbanzo-salad.html